Author Topic: Avast Praises  (Read 3395 times)

RedSector

Avast Praises
« on: June 26, 2004, 07:40:03 AM »
I would like to tell you what a complete full featured product you so kindly give away for free.  I have compared avast with many antiviruses in a side by side comparison (AntiVir, AVG, Trendmicro PC-Cillin, Norton 2004)  Fisrt I would like to say the autoupdate feature is the best in existance.  It has the most finished look, and searches the system restore folder (which trend didnt >:( ).  There is no comparison with the other free antiviruses.  Antivirs porly writen programs updates are 2-4mb! plus a clucky interface and only a realtime scanner.  And why AVG is so popular is unknown to me.  It has a outdated interface, a aweful realtime scanner, and when viruses are found it is far more dificult to take action on them.  I have been recommending avast to everyone I know.
Cudos to you all.

EDIT:  I wish there was a way I could help with the development process or just help in anyway in general
« Last Edit: June 26, 2004, 07:50:31 AM by RedSector »

cousindave

Re:Avast Praises
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 05:18:54 PM »
Yeah,Avast will do in a pinch. ;)

dadkins_1

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 08:18:33 PM »
I have avast!4 Home version also, and I have "Turned it up" fairly high. To date, not one virus, trojan, worm, JS has made it into my computer...and I surf the cheesier side of the web often(don't ask). I see ALOT of "Attempts" but avast *always* catches these nasties.

I have a tossed salad in my logs of all types of BS(again, don't ask) LOL!  No comment on the "N" antivirus.  >:(

Just avoid "N", your system will thank you for it.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 11:24:12 PM »
I wish there was a way I could help with the development process or just help in anyway in general

Wellcome  8)
We share your feelings about avast!
Yes, you can help. The forum is one of them. You can help the others, share your experiences, make a skin for avast, translate... wellcome to the family  ;)
The best things in life are free.

RedSector

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 04:51:55 AM »
Cool!  If I will try to help my best on the forums, and if there is anything else, don't hesitate to ask.