Author Topic: When to recive automatic update of avast 4.8 to version 5 english language ?  (Read 2500 times)

alexander19844

I use avast 4.8 Home Edition (English version) and have set the program to update the program and virus database automatically.

I saw that version 5 was released fairly recently and was wondering if there might be something wrong with the settings
because the program has not been updated yet all settings is the default / original except for automatic updating of software).

I still get regular updates of the virus database so it works without any problems but the program has not been updated to version 5 yet.
When can i expect an automatic update of the program(with automatic update on in the prog.) using the english version ?

running windows vista home premium.

Best regards Alexander

cazoza

Well pal, there is no exact date for the automatic update, but it is running now, and maybe you will get the update in this month, but i think if not this month maybe in march, but the thing is that the update process is indeed a process, and just with the millions of avast users, it will be a long long process.

k.u.r.t

The original rough estimate was to allow for about two months upgrade window to spread the load on our servers. That estimate might have been revised since then, I am not sure.

alexander19844

Well pal, there is no exact date for the automatic update, but it is running now, and maybe you will get the update in this month, but i think if not this month maybe in march, but the thing is that the update process is indeed a process, and just with the millions of avast users, it will be a long long process.

ok. thank you for your answer.

best regards alex

cazoza

You're welcome pal!