Author Topic: Avast won't start. Configured incorrectly warning  (Read 1608 times)

Nemesiss

Avast won't start. Configured incorrectly warning
« on: February 07, 2010, 10:28:51 PM »
Hi,

I've been an advocate of avast for years, but it just so happens I recently installed the latest version of Avast.  I had 4.8 installed, I uninstalled that and installed the newest version.  The install went smoothly until I tried to run the program.  It failed, I kept getting an error that 'Avast was configured incorrectly" and to uninstall the program and reinstall it to fix the problem.  I did that a few times with no success and the same error.  I read it could be the Cnet download which I used the first time so I got it from this site with the same result.  I do have Spybot Search and destroy as well as Malware Bytes loaded on my machine. 

Soo...  after messing around with version 5 to get it to work without any luck, and reading that you can't run Avast 5 in save mode like you could previously I have rolled back to version 4.8 which works perfectly.  I must say I'm extremely disappointed in version 5 and I don't seem to be the only one.  I will continue to use your 4.8 product and hope the new version stability issues get resolved as well as the 'run in safe mode' option returned to it as I would like very much to upgrade.

thanks.