Author Topic: AVAST 5 crash my login screen  (Read 3356 times)

tremyus

AVAST 5 crash my login screen
« on: February 08, 2010, 05:59:59 PM »
I have a TOSHIBA satellite pro u400 with Vista Business installed on it.

I figured that some people had similar trouble with their ACER notebooks so basically I just quote their error report. Unfortunately their solution doesn't work for me at all.

After installing AVAST 5 pro or Avast internet security (i tried both just to make sure) ,the installation asked me to restart. There is crash after restart, just after the boot screen before the login screen.

Windows become blank and a warning windows appears: "Logon process initialization failure: Interactive Logon Process Initialization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details."

After that screen I can't login no matter what to my windows. Click OK it just reappers again and again. I do not know where to find the even log.

The only thing I can do is forced shutdown (with power button), and go to safe mode then uninstalling avast 5.

Then I tried one more time to install it, but the same error happened again. So the cycle began.

Anyone can help me, otherwise I can't use version 5 at all.

bobo1

Re: AVAST 5 crash my login screen
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 10:26:47 PM »
Can you access safe mode by hitting F8 on keyboard on restarting computer via power button and get to safemode on default administrator login and un-instal avast 5 in safemode & reboot?

coolsilver

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 04:48:43 AM »
Once you have avast removed via safe mode:

Make sure you have the latest device drivers installed. Some drivers have been know to cause conflicts like this.

If you could contact Igor or Vlk with a minidump they can help track down the faulting driver.

Sometimes it may even be a driver for DVD player software/disk burning software etc.

lindifino

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 07:34:46 PM »
I am having this same issue with Avast 5 on my daughter's computer.  4.8 was working fine, but after upgrading to 5, I encountered a crash on restart.  I was able to start up in safemode, so I uninstalled Avast 5 and computer is working fine.  However, I need to get Avast back working again.  How do I go about doing the following?

If you could contact Igor or Vlk with a minidump they can help track down the faulting driver.

Any other suggestions?