Author Topic: Temp folder/unpacking pb.  (Read 3129 times)

reflexespc

Temp folder/unpacking pb.
« on: June 26, 2004, 01:45:02 PM »
I have a small OS partition (c:\), with only some 500 mb of free space, and when i scan within archives, it unpacks them in my windows temp folder, which is in the C partition... sometimes it just doesn't fit and i have to abort scan.    :-\

My question is, is there a way to assign a specific folder (like in my other partitions) to archives unpacking, instead of the default windows temp folder ? I looked in the ini file and in settings and didn't find this feature.

I know it is possible to assign another temp folder to windows, but i don't like much this kind of OS tweaks.   ;D

I have XP pro and avast home edition 4.1.418

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re:Temp folder/unpacking pb.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 02:45:23 PM »
You can change system TEMP variable: control panel / system / advanced / Environment Variables (or define TEMP=<path> in autoexec.bat for win9x platform).

reflexespc

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 01:03:27 PM »
Ok i looked to this, but isn't there any way to change avast's temp folder and make it use a user defined temp folder instead of changing the whole OS folders ? I didn't find this feature in the program.   ::)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 01:49:24 PM »
I'm afraid it isn't.
Anyway, the TEMP folder is used by other programs as well... so, I think it's a good idea to point it to another partition (if you have some other partition with more free space, of course) - not only because of avast.

reflexespc

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 03:08:46 PM »
Ok, i'll do this. Thanks for advice.

:)