Author Topic: Outlook/Exchange problem  (Read 3283 times)

Gene Johnson

Outlook/Exchange problem
« on: June 28, 2004, 01:41:23 AM »
When I click on the "a" ball the on-access scanner screen pops up. On the Outlook/Exchange screen the note says " the provider is waiting for a subsystem to start". So far my searches have not shown me what subsystem that is, or how to start it up. How about some help here folks? What am I missing? Keep up the great work.  

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Outlook/Exchange problem
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 03:55:51 AM »
When I click on the "a" ball the on-access scanner screen pops up. On the Outlook/Exchange screen the note says " the provider is waiting for a subsystem to start". So far my searches have not shown me what subsystem that is, or how to start it up. How about some help here folks? What am I missing? Keep up the great work.  

Gene, it's not difficult. It's MS Outlook program that avast is waiting to be started.
Run it (not Outlook Express but full Outlook) and you will see that won't have a subsystem waiting to start. You can also see a spash window of avast while loading Outlook.

Wellcome to forums  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Gene Johnson

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 06:00:11 AM »
Technical: Thanks for the reply. Since my email is with yahoo, I guess I do not need to activate MSOutlook nor the Outlook portion of the scan. All is well.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 03:22:17 PM »
Since my email is with yahoo...

Yahoo email accounts are not pop3/smtp based ones.
I'm afraid avast!, right now, cannot protect yahoo accounts with easy.
I'm not sure about the results of using some tricks like YahooPops Windows 0.6  ::)
The best things in life are free.