Author Topic: Application Rules  (Read 2142 times)

tba

Application Rules
« on: February 08, 2010, 09:01:11 PM »
Hello... 
I've just purchased AIS..  been a paid user of avast for years and been really satisfied.

First i had to remove and reinstall AIS as it totally messed up my computer. 10-13 minutes to login.  (?)

anyway finally got it to work.. 

now setting up the firewall..  when creating new rules AIS seems to ignore and do what it wants.. 

i have done the following  :
Firewall setting > WORK/MEDIUM RISK ZONE ( so it follows the app rules list.  i then deleted the whole list)

Firewall setting > expert settings > policies > default rules : ask,    and checked show notifications for both block and allow. unchecked int.share and fast chksum.

Under app rules ive created a new grp.  - Misc programs.   here ive added   Ventrilo..  and a few other programs..  like utorrent. Total commander,
block all to see if they cannot access the internet, but programs are open. set to BLOCK ALL CONNECTIONS and to ASK .

AIS declares a new rule for ventrilo, and removes it from my rule list..  cannot find it anywhere but it still has access to the internet.

Please help...  atm i think going back to avast 4.8 and my fortknox firewall is the way to go...   

Tech info :  Win 7 ultimate, Xeon quad, 8gb memory.

cakedoer2

Re: Application Rules
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 09:03:01 PM »
Really weird... I've been having a similar (well sort of) problem with AIS, completely ignoring every setting I change.

tba

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 09:15:49 PM »
I deleted the app from the list. (ventrilo.exe)
then started the program.

i get a pop-up saying

---------------------------------------
NEW firewall rule   

firewall has automatically configuration the following
application to access the network:

Review/overide
-------------------------------------------

then when i press review/override it brings up app rules..  and i see a new grp created called others..     but this grp is empty.

program as full access to the net ...

ace11

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 09:35:31 PM »
FW is broken . Should not have been released @ its current state.