Author Topic: your avast will expire in 6 days  (Read 4415 times)

musiclvr56

your avast will expire in 6 days
« on: February 09, 2010, 02:00:05 PM »
This morning, I ran free avast because the program is expiring soon.  When I was finished, it said it was successful and it suggests that you re-start your computer which I did.  It then said "your avast will expire in 6 days".  Because it said it was successful, why did it say this and how do I know if everything is okay?

Thanks,
Karen

Offline -Genesis-

Re: your avast will expire in 6 days
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 02:29:50 PM »
You need to register for free.

And fill it up.

Here's the link

http://www.avast.com/registration-free-antivirus.php
Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB

musiclvr56

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 03:02:49 PM »
Thank you for the response.  When I bought this computer I obtained free Avast.  I don't remember what month but it was this past summer.  I am not a computer "technie" and I am hoping for a response to my question- also,  was it a mistake to download the free version from this prompt?  My friend said I should have deleted the avast that is on my system and started fresh.  If I register with the link that you gave me, should I delete what is presently on my computer and if I do, is it self explanatory or will there be any hidden files.  I know it is not safe to have more than one antivirus running so I am concerned about doing this properly.

I look forward to responses to my questions.  Much appreciated.

Karen

Offline -Genesis-

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 04:32:52 PM »
Based on your post it seems you've installed a free version.

You don't need to uninstall that.

After filling up the link i gave to you wait for the email. Max is 24 hours.

You will get a free license number from the email you've receive copy it then paste it in registration information in the system tray.

If you get confusing just read the email you receive it has an instruction.
Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB