Author Topic: Virus file can't be deleted: access denied  (Read 14410 times)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:Virus file can't be deleted: access denied
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2004, 12:12:04 AM »
OS = Operating System and as you now said it's ME, which we now know can't be set to perform a boot time scan by avast. This is why the the option is grayed out.

I couldn't find RajZor external control menu.

You need to download the program using the link in RajZors signature (bottom of each of his posts).

lack of answers basically has come from me not really knowing what I'm talking about.  

Which is why I gave you the link to the User's FAQ in my first post, if you didn't find it check for the link again (click the text User's FAQ in the post). There is a lot of information that will be useful for you in the future.

Now you know a little more should this happen again.

I wouldn't recommend not having System Restore always disabled. I don't use mine as I use a program that takes an image of my drive and if I have a problem I re-install the previous image, but I still have it enabled on my system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

kuriboi2k6

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2004, 06:58:28 AM »
Hi,

I had the exact same problem as Mr.Sparkle and i followed everything you guys said needed to be done. i scanned again and the vrus doesnt show up but i had several other viruses that i deleted as well. The problem is that my computer will get really hot to the touch and then just shut off. This has never happened before so i thought it was just a virus. After doing more scans 2 viruses showed up called terminator.exe. I removed them and the problem still exists even though my virus scanner says that my computer has no viruses. Can someone help me?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2004, 01:41:38 PM »
The temperature thing is totally unrelated to any previous virus activity/infection. As you say your computer is now clear but the heat problem still exists.

You have a hardware problem, possibly a fan (cpu or psu) in its way out and this is usually acompanied by increased noise.

I certainly don't know of any virus (other than human) that will raise the temperature. It may be theoretically possible for a virus program to increase disk and cpu activity, which would raise temperature. But it is down to hardware to cool your system and it would appear to be inadaquate or failing.

I am no hardware expert, just built a couple of my own systems.

This topic should not be continued in this forum but as a new topic in the Off Topic forum. There if anyone can help further they will.

Sorry I can't help further
David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security