The program update has now been officially released as 5.0.418.
Thanks to everyone who helped testing.
we'll soon be releasing a new build of avast 5 Free/Pro/IS. As usual, we're making the build available for public testing before it's officially released.
How to get it
How to install it
Just run the setup executable (links above). You can either install it from scratch, or on top of an existing avast installation (installing over both 5.0.xxx or 4.8.yyy should be fine). A reboot will be required to complete the installation
Most notable improvements include:
- stability improvements in the Behavior Shield
- an attempt to solve the compatibility issue with MBAM Pro
- improvements in the rootkit scanner
- solved a vulnerability in AavmKer4.sys (Windows 2000/XP only)
- firewall: low-level packet rules are back in the Expert settings
- new languages: Traditional Chinese, Swedish, Korean, Bulgarian, Hungarian. This makes the current number of supported languages 16
Bottom line: we're hoping that this build will finally solve the remaining bsod/hang issues.
PS. Just a while ago, we have launched the new website in Japanese and Polish. This makes the number of languages in which the new website is available 8 (English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, Japanese and Polish). More are coming soon.