Author Topic: Avast 5 new look.  (Read 11181 times)

epicelite

Avast 5 new look.
« on: February 10, 2010, 07:37:12 AM »
I don't like it.

I thought it looked cooler before.  :(

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Avast 5 new look.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 08:54:32 AM »
And that's perfectly fine. I mean, the looks have always been a subjective matter.

Maybe it will help if I tell you that the changes in v5 are not only cosmetic -- the main changes are in fact under the hood.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline -Genesis-

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 09:12:47 AM »
If your saying the GUI then.... I totally disagree with that!

Avast 5 is much better GUI compare to 4.8 which most likely a media player.

For me looking the new GUI makes people understand its a protection software. And mostly easy to understand.

Many people get confuse with the 4.8 how use it. I admit myself first to look at 4.8 is confusing.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 09:14:45 AM by chubalz »
Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB

JoeBlack40

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 09:57:03 AM »
I don't like it.

I thought it looked cooler before.  :(
Damn...it's imposible to make everybody happy... ;D ;D

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • superhacker != super mario
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 01:04:53 PM »
the GUI is so pretty"if my love hear me will kill me" ;D ;D
and it is better than a lot of av GUI's
Damn...it's imposible to make everybody happy..
+1000000 i agree with you
Dreams don't die, they just fall asleep.

RF

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 09:51:06 PM »
Appearance is fine but I would suggest rethinking the tray icon. At only about 3/8" square, whatever the designer was trying to convey is not coming through, and the result is a visual mish-mash. By contrast, the v.4 icon was clear and simple - one letter on a contrasting background. It's hard to get four colors to read well at that small size, especially when two of them are close.

So far, no complaints, and I appreciate the small A/V definition downloads. Well, one complaint, which I'll post elsewhere.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 10:25:09 PM »
Better or no. I find it my self better and easy to configure.

gizbar

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 10:34:31 PM »
True, can't please everybody...

However, Avast 4 and it's customization skins have had it's day, and version 5 brings better functionality, and a standard, more professional looking GUI.

Making it standard across the range means that the basic configuration can remain the same, and just personalize the different packages.

Version 5 also includes new technologies to protect the computer, so it made sense to make it a major version change, and make it look more modern at the same time.

regards, Gizbar.

zfactor

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 10:40:37 PM »
I LOVE THE NEW GUI!!!  in fact this is one of the reasons i actually bought it. its just so simple and easy to work with and understand for family members who are not advanced like my wife and daughter. and if you want it to be more technical it can be. its one of the best gui's i have used from a av product personally.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 10:43:25 PM »
I rarelly used the help center but its can be really helpfull. For user who got something that a nice option. Instead of put "?" in every things...

epicelite

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 11:45:41 PM »
What I really mean is, now it looks like every other AV program out there. Before it was different and stood out.  :(

Mr.Agent

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 11:50:33 PM »
Help Center is a good addons for business man and family. Or even for the users who is beginner. Its really a good thing. ;D

For sure with a firewall that i only see in video. I can almost imagine my self to fly and say that its look really low on the ram. So its look very suitable to my eyes for every 1. That why i say that.

Almost all thing is configurable with how you want avast! to work. ;)

norel

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 07:14:27 AM »
The new interface is excellent in my opinion. It took some getting used to but after that it's a lot simpler than before. I did like the blue color better though.  :)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 07:37:09 AM »
General feedback about avast! 5 interface has been very positive. Sure there will always be some that will dislike it but still, it's a massive improvement over old one.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

coolsilver

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 07:53:49 AM »
Matter of personal opinion......

I like the new GUI over the old for configuring settings and more feedback on shield activity.