Author Topic: Avast 5 new look.  (Read 11234 times)

Offline -Genesis-

Re: Avast 5 new look.
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 09:31:37 AM »
What I really mean is, now it looks like every other AV program out there. Before it was different and stood out.  :(

It seems your taste is a bit different.  :D

Actually the default GUI in v 4.8. Many average people didn't like it because it look alike media player. Without knowing the great service protection.

If you would notice in CNET in V 4.8 many complain of the GUI and if not mistaken its rank 3-4 most download.

Look at now? Avast 5 is rank 2 in CNET.

Even it has a bit issues in V 5 many people download it because of the Great GUI in V 5.

This is just my opinion and observation.

Added.

You can always use v 4.8 and it still updates.  :)

Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 10:08:47 AM »
What I really mean is, now it looks like every other AV program out there. Before it was different and stood out.  :(

I'd dare to disagree, I would say avast 5 looks different from any other AV. Sure, the basic concepts are the same (left hand side navigation bar etc) but the looks are different, aren't they? (plus many other things)

Believe me, the GUI of v4.8 was the MAIN issue many people had with avast. And we needed to change it.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 10:40:33 AM »
To : Complained users about avast GUI

Do you still remember what John.F.Kennedy ever said before :

"Don't ask what is your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country"

Do you give any contribution in ALWIL to develop the new GUI before released?

Do you give any idea to ALWIL team, before avast 5.0 GUI launched?

So don't always critics, but give contribution to further growth.

Critics is good, to improve some unsolved issues. But if always critics and doesn't give any contribution it wouldn't improve each others.

Cheers,

Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

JarskiN

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 06:48:53 PM »
I have used Avast! a long time. And I have installed it to many of my friends computers too.  For friends who are not very talented Windows-users. And Avast! is worked without problems. But allways those frieds call when licence is getting old. No one ever find where to put new licence-code.

I must say that I'm very satisfied to older Avast! too. But I wonder many times why it look so weird. This new look is great. Now everything seem much clearer. You can access all settings and reports much straightforwarded. I'm quite sure that I get less phonecalls at night from my friends :-) At least when finnish-language is available. I hope it is coming soon.

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 07:02:03 PM »
Believe me, the GUI of v4.8 was the MAIN issue many people had with avast. And we needed to change it.

Yes, I agree to that, many of my friends didn't use avast 4.x because they didn't like the GUI, and it look childish, and not professional (according to them). Yes, they could use other skins, but they didn't want to do that.

But since the new GUI, 99% of my friends are using Avast 5 :) And they (and me also) just LOVE the new GUI.
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Mr.Agent

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 10:17:57 PM »
Well for sure in test now avast! do really a great job. People may have problem. But i ask them to register to the forum and so me or any guys/girls could help him more easly.

Maybe people is getting mad for nothing. But i can easly say that a program isnt 100 % bug free. There a plenty people who tested it before for figure it out the bugs. And the best way is to release when its still stable enought. Maybe later people will find somes things that the beta tester did not see. But that will get a chance for ALWIL to help you and fix it. That about all anti virus software did do. And look at Kaspersky 2010. Everyone is happy and say there almost no bug. Well its because about all reported correctly their bug.

So if any bug is reported and minidump sended to ALWIL ftp. Then they could do fix it in the next update. So everyone will be happy. ;D