Author Topic: i have a question reg upgrades. i bought three lic's good for 2 years each...  (Read 2561 times)

zfactor

what happens when version 6 comes or 7 etc... will i continue to get the free upgrade to those being i did purchase for two years? i am considering buy 2 more but for three years to update the rest of my office systems since i really like version 5 more than anything i have tried so far. i just dont want to get stuck running version 5 as the newer ones come out. i will assume they will upgrade but i want to be 100% sure.

the other question i have is i update my office systems yearly. or sometimes even more often than that. is the lic key i received locked to that system or can i simply uninstall the program from the one that was running it and add the lic to the new one? there is no way i will have the same systems for the whole 2 years. so how does that work also?

thank you
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 07:30:47 PM by zfactor »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
avast doesn't apply a version limit on its licenses, if there is a program update during the license period it is valid for that version also.

avast is unlike many AVs and doesn't have an annual version number change forcing users to upgrade/purchase again.

avast is unlike any program I have ever used where there is an incessant march to higher version numbers and when might rate a 0.1 increment some others would call a major update at either 0.5 or even a whole ordinal 1.0.

I have had avast for almost 6 years and have only travelled from version 4 to version 5, yet there have been massive changes in functionality and performance.

The license is good for one system or however many you bought for, if you have a redundant system and get a new system install on the new system and use the license and get rid of the old system installation of avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

zfactor

okay i wanted to be sure more about the upgrading of systems.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
No problem, though I'm an avast user and not from Alwil software, but that generally has been the policy since I have been using avast and been on the forums. You could contact sales (at) avast (dot) com by email fi you want to be 100% sure.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security