Author Topic: keep getting a system restore malware warning.  (Read 15325 times)

rustoman

Re: keep getting a system restore malware warning.
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 09:01:54 PM »
mbam quick scan it found some things I had to turn off avast. I removed them then tried turning avast back on and run it again same thing it will not run with avast on. I am now running a full scan with mbam its finding more.

I did however run another quick scan and it didnt find anything. what ever it is. Its deep

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 09:20:37 PM »
I did however run another quick scan and it didnt find anything. what ever it is. Its deep
Maybe.
Please post the scan report.
Please advise your Avast version.
I don't know if it's intentional or not, but it is starting to look like you are being deliberately vague.
The quality of the help you get here will depend, in part, on how well you describe what is happening. In this case, the scan report is the best description.

If you would prefer me to desist trying to help, please say.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

rustoman

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2010, 03:17:24 AM »
only vague to those who dont take time to read my other post!!!
this is what keeps popping up

Information\_restore{16472BE8-1BC3-4178-958B-D122BA665A64}\RP611\A0088266.dll
Win32:Malware-gen
Virus/Worm

avast 4.8 professional paid version

windows xp professional x64 edition version 2003 service pack 2

if more people read my other post it would help alot!

I finally did make some progress with mbam after turning off avast I quick scanned it found 342 infected files It removed them successfully. ran anothe quick scan it came up clean!!!
then turned avast back on  and tried to see if mbam would run without setting off avast again. it went off again
I then turned avast back off and ran mbam full scan. It found even more  945 infected files It sucessfully removed them. I then turned avast back on and ran another quick scan With mbam it ran longer without messages then i got a few more alerts As I got them I moved them to the chest as recommended. But mbam said it was clean!!!
I then ran mbam full scan again and it came up clean. but this time no alerts from avast.

So I then ran mbam quick scan again to see if avast would  alert  again this time it did not alert. and the pop up system restore alert from avast seems to be gone now.

SO it seems mbam does a real good job. and It seems mbam solved my troubles. by removing whatever it was about 1 of the 1080 trojans and  or adwares avast let in. that did not show up when scanned with avast.

thanks to the guy who gave me the link to mbam Its worth buying. Although it did its job for free. I will be purchasing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program for sure. And the avast team needs to figure out how almost 900 trojans got by them. I keep it up to date always. so its on avast to correct the trojan hole in their program!!! ;D

« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 04:47:03 AM by rustoman »

rustoman

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2010, 03:29:47 AM »
thanks Pondus the malwarebytes anti-malware got rid of my trojans about 900 of them avast did not detect and a bunch of adware and malware too.  all in all over 1080.

And it finally runs without alerts from avast while both are running.

And My restore alert issue seems to be gone also. no more annoying alerts thanks to malwarebytes Anti-malware. And your advice

Seem's you are the man Thanks A million. Wish avast had answered my emails they would probably have kept me as a customer if they had. but have to say that since it missed so many trojans I think I'm anti virus shopping when my time is up  ;D and Malwarebytes Anti-malware just got a customer ;D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 07:52:01 AM by rustoman »

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2010, 03:58:15 AM »
only vague to those who dont take time to read my other post!!!

I read every post in this thread. None of which are particularly revealing about your computer problems, but say much about your mindset.

Vague? Maybe not to you, because you are "on the scene", so to speak; you know what is happening with your computer and what you tried.
Out here in forum land, I can tell you your reports of the state of affairs, especially after specific requests for information that were ignored, were quite vague.
By the way, it's MalwareBytesAntiMalware, not Mega bytes.

That the problem appears to have been resolved is no guarantee it actually is. The number of infected files reported is unusually high. It is recommended to still follow the steps recommended by Pondus when he linked you to a post by essexboy, if you want to have reasonable certainty you are clean.
I'd also recommend a firewall, a two way one, if not already installed. Frankly, if one were, I can't see a machine becoming this infected. Hard to know though, since there is no scan report. (still.)
Now, since it is fairly clear my advice is unwanted, I'll stop concerning myself with this issue. Good luck.

rustoman

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2010, 04:28:57 AM »
once again tarq57 if you could read I have solved my issue with the help of Pondus and the post by essexboy!!! no thanks to your ranting about the logs. They were to Frickin long to post I tried dufus.

and your right I do not want your help since you have reading trouble's.

I have what was sold to me by avast as a anti virus program that let in over 900 trojans without a peep. And by the way. and a good firewall. didnt start having any trouble til I bought avast 4.8 professional build september2009(4.8.1368) the free edtion worked fine thats why I bought what was supposed to be better. Boy that was a good joke on me I guess.

so go chew on that cud awhile.

And I say to Pondus Once again Your the man Thank you and essexboy for actually helping me. Instead of trying to make me look bad like tarq57.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 04:39:42 AM by rustoman »

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2010, 04:38:40 AM »
PM #1 from rustoman:

the logs are to long to post dude I tried K! And I did post my version of avast more than once!

PM #2 from rustoman: (sent as I was sending the below reply)

Guess you dont understand english very well either. I did not put much in about my os your right about that. Only but did post avast version more than once and its log info

Avast Is a big dissappointment and I had been trying to tell all my friends and associate's that it was the best out there. I promise you I will make sure they know that customer support is in forum help only. I have emailed avast tech support many times no answer over a long period of time. Before I finally joined the forum for help. Which has guys like you trying to make the user look bad. when the log from avast was posted and the log from mbam was to long to post.

So I suggest you leave it to those who can help. And I belive that you cant obviously.

My reply:

The only version info you've posted about Avast, was "4.8 professional paid version". Not the build number.

Had you said the logs were too long to post, (they usually are not - I see a lot of them) there are other options. Such as posting as an attachment, or over more than one reply window. Which you would have to do anyway if you had bothered reading the instructions regarding the running of OTL, which you may still need or want to do.

It seems to me your focus was on looking for something to blame, rather than actually learning anything that might help you fix and understand this issue. You can blame Avast all you want, lambasting the software will not help anyone understand what and how something got into your machine, and thus maybe prevent the same thing happening again. (As a start, you could perhaps update to SP3. It's been out for a long time. And another example of your vagueness, because you said that everything is patched, or up to date. It's not.)

I read a lot of security logs, at more than one different security forum. I can tell you that all the AV's let something in at times. Switch if you want, and good luck with it; I don't think there is a perfect (or near-perfect) blacklist-based resident protection, so without finding the cause, sooner or later it could happen again.

Doesn't bother me, much, of course, I'm done with it. There are other people who will probably continue to help. This forum is good like that.

Please don't PM me again.

You certainly don't need my help to make you look bad. You're doing a fine job all by yourself. ;D

rustoman

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2010, 04:53:20 AM »
Just proving my point I see Try Learning to read sometime You suck tarq57 and it shows

rustoman

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2010, 04:59:41 AM »
she must be a youngin that tarq57. LOL   :o

rustoman

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2010, 08:01:09 AM »
Oh yeah Tarq57 one more thing read your post you didnt specificly ask for the build number just version. Blind trying to lead I would say. 

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2010, 08:08:11 AM »
This post?
Read it again. Maybe look at the picture.
And then drop it.
You aren't proving anything.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2010, 08:27:09 AM »
@rustoman......did you come here for help or a flame war........

And as Targ57 says we still recomend you do the hole guide from essexboy
that will be posting the logs from Malwarebytes
and running OTL and posting the log
you can post as attachments if they are to long

Essexboy can then see ( he got x-ray vision) if there is anything moore in there
you want the computer clean....don`t you !
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 08:42:42 AM by Pondus »

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2010, 09:56:32 AM »
Quote from: rustoman (via PM)
be specific. read your post you did not ask for build number. you just asked for version.
You actually can't read nor comprehend simple English, can you?
Below is a C&P of the actual question I asked you in that post, which I am sure we have both read. (Emphasis added.)
I see you still have not bothered to look at the picture.
Or is it that you don't actually know how to?
Quote from: Tarq57
If you right click on the tray icon (the blue ball) and select "about Avast" then expand the top line, (see the picture) what is the build version, and the VPS version?

There is nothing wrong with not knowing how to do stuff. Part of the reason for the forum is to teach those who need to learn.
Of course, if you're so up yourself that pride prevents you from asking, you can not learn a thing, except by your own mistakes.

The other possibility is that you are simply thick.

I no longer care. If you want help and are prepared to indicate same, I can give you some pointers, but frankly, I would at this stage feel it a poor investment of my time.
I also know a few tips to help deal (naturally) with such conditions as ADD, but this isn't the appropriate forum for that.
I will watch this topic to see if the status changes for a day, and then unsubscribe.
Just so you know you are going to get the last word, since that seems so important.

Oh, and one reason I was rather interested to view the scan report, and incidentally posted the question that seemed to intially cause such resentment, is that one of the ways a computer could become as infested as (you say) yours was is by the installation of cracked or pirated software.

Of course anyone watching this now won't know for sure, will we? ::)

rustoman

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2010, 03:45:01 AM »
Still looking to make yourself out to be right what part of that post asked for the build. and vps and build are 2 different lines  with different info DUHH!!! when or if you have bothered to look at the about avast portion you may notice that.

nor did I ever ask for your help so find another idiot like yourself to bother!!!

as for the pirating crack seems you have some experience there. Guess your pirating software. and have got bugs from it before. That does not mean I got mine like you. What A Dits. and I'm a paying customer HMMMM guess that says it all genius. this is that last time I will reply to a bufoons post by the way tarq57 thats you.

and your right about not knowing tarq so admit it and move along.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 03:50:06 AM by rustoman »

rustoman

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2010, 03:56:39 AM »
dont know how I can run it when avast telling me its a virus/malware other than to stop avast. and I'm not going to take a chance on that program being infected and make more trouble than I have now.
What program do you mean? MBAM?
It will not be infected.
It is a popular and competent demand scanner.
What I would suggest is: Once MBAM has been installed and updated, go offline, then disable Avast then run the MBAM scan. At the completion of the scan it will generate a log. Select everything found, then select "remove selected". (This quarantines those items.)
If MBAM prompts for a reboot to finish cleaning anything, do so promptly.
After restart, check that Avast is enabled, go online, post the MBAM scan report.

This behaviour is more typical of malware than a broken AV program.
What version of Avast do you use?

Oh and by the way I wasnt paying your post much attention. and had several different users replying. So sorry your little feeling's got hurt. I had at that point already stated what version I was using thus I knew you would be no help. and stopped reading your post after that one!!!!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 04:04:52 AM by rustoman »