Author Topic: Nokia Ovi Suite & Avast Internet Security crashes.  (Read 27307 times)

psikofunkster

Nokia Ovi Suite & Avast Internet Security crashes.
« on: February 11, 2010, 06:00:33 PM »
Hi,

I changed from kaspersky Internet Security 2010 to Avast Internet Security. I paid for a full year license and this is my first post.

Well, Apparently Avast is blocking and crashing the nokia ovi app, if i disable avast protection the app works fine.

Today nokia released version 2.1 but the problem is still there... what can i do?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Nokia Ovi Suite & Avast Internet Security crashes.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 06:07:34 PM »
If it's the Nokia app that's crashing, that should be a question for Nokia, shouldn't it? ;)

Anyway, it's hard to say with this info... what exactly does "Avast is blocking" mean? Do you see any virus detection popup?
What if you stop only a particular resident shield, instead of disabling the whole protection - is there one shield that helps? I'd try the Script Blocker, the File System Shield, ...

psikofunkster

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 06:13:21 PM »
If it's the Nokia app that's crashing, that should be a question for Nokia, shouldn't it? ;)

Anyway, it's hard to say with this info... what exactly does "Avast is blocking" mean? Do you see any virus detection popup?
What if you stop only a particular resident shield, instead of disabling the whole protection - is there one shield that helps? I'd try the Script Blocker, the File System Shield, ...

only a question for Nokia? yes and no cause the ovi suite works fine when Avast is disabled and when i was using kaspersky 2010 worked fine too, so....

When i try to connect to to my nokia account (through the ovi suite), the app freezes and crashes.

BTW im using windows 7 32 bits ultimate.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 06:18:11 PM by psikofunkster »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 06:18:42 PM »
Can you try stoping avast! resident shields one by one, to see if any of them helps?

psikofunkster

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 06:26:34 PM »
Can you try stoping avast! resident shields one by one, to see if any of them helps?

OK.

BTW these are my firewall settings:

psikofunkster

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 06:31:21 PM »
script blocker related, the app doesn't crash anymore if i deactivate the module.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 06:36:15 PM »
Just a wild guess, but please try to search the installation folder of Nokia Ovi for a file called SQLite.dll  (though I don't know if Ovi stores all its files in one folder) - is there such a file there?

psikofunkster

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 06:54:18 PM »
Just a wild guess, but please try to search the installation folder of Nokia Ovi for a file called SQLite.dll  (though I don't know if Ovi stores all its files in one folder) - is there such a file there?

yes sqlite3.dll

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\MPlatform

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 07:01:18 PM »
Well, the name is slightly different (3)... but chances are the conflict will be fixed in the upcoming program update (to be released very soon).

psikofunkster

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 07:07:50 PM »
Well, the name is slightly different (3)... but chances are the conflict will be fixed in the upcoming program update (to be released very soon).

Hope that happens, cheers Igor.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 03:59:11 PM »
So... did the new build fix the problem or not?

psikofunkster

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 04:47:48 PM »
So... did the new build fix the problem or not?

No.

Hally

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 05:53:17 PM »
Hi  :)

I'm not really sure if my reply is going to help in any way .. Coz I'm No Expert!  :-[

But I've seen reference to that SQLite thing .. Plus the 3 .. Before - Here: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=265201

Don't ask me if I think it was a Virus or False Positive... Coz wouldn't have clue  ::)

But I Don't Know  :-\  Something just made me think I should mention what I've seen.
In Fact!
I'm sure I've seen something like that SQ thing somewhere on one of my computers - Don't Own a Nokia Phone  :o
So I hope to god that it was an FP they think is malware on Wilders  :(

Hally

psikofunkster

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 06:39:32 PM »
Hi  :)

I'm not really sure if my reply is going to help in any way .. Coz I'm No Expert!  :-[

But I've seen reference to that SQLite thing .. Plus the 3 .. Before - Here: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=265201

Don't ask me if I think it was a Virus or False Positive... Coz wouldn't have clue  ::)

But I Don't Know  :-\  Something just made me think I should mention what I've seen.
In Fact!
I'm sure I've seen something like that SQ thing somewhere on one of my computers - Don't Own a Nokia Phone  :o
So I hope to god that it was an FP they think is malware on Wilders  :(

Hally

False positive, i scanned with hitman pro a few seconds ago...everything is clean.

disPlay

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 06:40:32 PM »
Here Nokia Ovi Suite in avast 5 it's all ok.