Author Topic: Nokia Ovi Suite & Avast Internet Security crashes.  (Read 27440 times)

psikofunkster

Re: Nokia Ovi Suite & Avast Internet Security crashes.
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2010, 06:48:09 PM »
oops im make wrong terms, ok your modem configuration,
to configure your modem
click start button
click connect to (if vista) show my connection ( if xp)
all modem description will show
right click to open the properties the it has an option to configure
change 115kbps to 921kbps.
this process can help you.
cause in my experience i cannot use synchronization of ovi suit, cause it make your system open to the public
synchronization at ovi suit let your modem to share everything in your system at the public and easy to hack
that's why when you use internet security it is freeze because it prevent to share important file on your system
at first time i give you a hint to use other method of accessing nokia phone as modem
you can make them as dial up alone without the use of any suit.
as long as your nokia phone driver is installed you can use dial up.
just try first to configure to 921kbps it will give you 460kbps to use your modem with ovi suit

Please mate, don' try to help, thanks.

Samen

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2010, 02:34:58 AM »
I am glad I found this thread!

I have AIS 5.0.594 and I also use Nokia Ovi Suite 2.2.0.245.

Via ovi suite I have been able to log into my nokia ovi account. After I installed AIS it is not possible. I get a error message from ovi suite that there is something wrong with my network settings. I have, in the FW section of AIS, set nokia OVI suite to full access and ask. That dint help.

I tried to disable the FW in AIS and then I was able to log into my nokia account. If I uninstall AIS I can log into my nokia account as well. Any ideas how to fix this so I can use my ovi suite without having to turn my security down everytime I am connecting my phone to my computer??

This is a AIS problem, not a nokia problem!

psikofunkster

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2010, 04:12:54 AM »
I am glad I found this thread!

I have AIS 5.0.594 and I also use Nokia Ovi Suite 2.2.0.245.

Via ovi suite I have been able to log into my nokia ovi account. After I installed AIS it is not possible. I get a error message from ovi suite that there is something wrong with my network settings. I have, in the FW section of AIS, set nokia OVI suite to full access and ask. That dint help.

I tried to disable the FW in AIS and then I was able to log into my nokia account. If I uninstall AIS I can log into my nokia account as well. Any ideas how to fix this so I can use my ovi suite without having to turn my security down everytime I am connecting my phone to my computer??

This is a AIS problem, not a nokia problem!

Well two things here:

1) Avast has not been able to solve this issue. i've tried  and tried and they don't care as simple as that, well, maybe they do, but they can't solve it.

2) Nokia Ovi suit is one of the worst pieces of software out there (very buggy and resource hug, check nokia forum) the best way to go is pc nokia suite as far as i know.

Samen

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2010, 10:21:17 AM »
I can in some way understand your concern about the ovi suite. I use it because for my phone, with gps, maps etc it is far better then the original pc suite. So I need avast to come up with a solution.

psikofunkster

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2010, 03:48:12 PM »
I can in some way understand your concern about the ovi suite. I use it because for my phone, with gps, maps etc it is far better then the original pc suite. So I need avast to come up with a solution.

Well even with itunes searches freeezes im still having problems from time to time the one to blame is avast however i prefer to use avast than kasperksy.

Hope you solve this problem, i have reported this issue with avast and they have tried to help me but so far no solution.