Author Topic: New avast program update 5.0.418  (Read 329890 times)

nico geysen

Re: New avast program update 5.0.418
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2010, 02:06:58 PM »
Hi guys,

we have just released a new program update to avast 5 (version number 5.0.418). You can go to this update from previous v5 builds by invoking the program update feature from within the avast GUI. Alternatively, you can download a full installer from our website (http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download#tab4) -- please note that the partner sites, such as download.com, may take a day or two to get updated.

Change log (incomplete list):
- stability improvements in the Behavior Shield
- improved compatibility with MBAM Pro (Windows XP)
- improvements in the rootkit scanner
- solved a vulnerability in AavmKer4.sys (Windows 2000/XP only) - special thanks to Tobias Klein
- ProAV + IS: solved a problem with Acrobat hanging when opening pdf files directly from IE
- firewall: low-level packet rules are back in the Expert settings
- improvements in the licensing engine
- new languages: Traditional Chinese, Swedish, Korean, Bulgarian, Hungarian. This makes the current number of supported languages 16

All users of the previous v5 builds are recommended to upgrade.

Thanks
Vlk

still have troubles updating to avast internet securite 5.0.418, after no problem after installiation but during the reboot my system craches, i had to do a compleet recovery of the system( 6X allready), fagged off al the options in the troubleshooting window before restart, disabbeld mcefee trailversion that was installed on my laptop and tryed it on a second laptop where it run smootly.
the laptop = acer aspire 7738G 2.13ghz Intel core 2xp7450 @2.13  4GB ram and NVIDIA GeForce GT 130M, GHzrunning vista home premium,
During the reboot te screen freezes on a dialoog box "fout tijdens initialisatie van aanmeldingsproces " (error during initiation of the "entry" or "application"-proces).

where can i find help foor this problem,   :( :(

-

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2010, 02:10:39 PM »
Floppy Disk Diver  ::)
Seems a bug in avast... other users complain about the floppy being accessed by avast...
Hope they could solve this.
The best things in life are free.

alpha45

« Reply #152 on: February 25, 2010, 02:14:50 PM »
Sorry,
I did write from my wife who is Brazilian, because you have clearly not understood the problem … thank you.
I do not understand those who must solve the problem?

Hemmers

« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2010, 10:07:04 AM »
Hi,
Sorry for (very) slow reply.

Tried that. Get a dialog box saying:

"The avast! Antivirus service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service."

Cheers,
Hemmers

On XP with SP3 if a service is set to Automatic, the msg you received is normal; however, the service has been started - it's just not called at the time you started it.  In other words, all sounds normal.

Dcn.Dad

All the on-access services being off - even when retrieving e-mail, instant messaging and browsing - sounds normal?
In the maintenance tab, all the fields are blank - version number, database version, etc. Attempting to connect for VDB updates fails.

I'd be a bit surprised if an on-access scanner was supposed to work by being turned off and unable to connect for updates. Unless it is working in the background and not allowing me to find out anything about it, edit settings, start and stop services, etc - in which case there's a fairly fundamental bug with the UI!

akira 75

« Reply #154 on: February 26, 2010, 02:37:45 PM »
hello to every one here;well,i 've just update avast with the current version and i did it successfully...but first,after the installation a window opened showing "you must re-register your account,the antispyware will end up in 3 days".Second,clicking the icon and choosing  "open the dialog options" it doesn't allow me to do that.It doesn't allow any option/operation,altough pointing the mouse on the icon appears "your system is protected".
Do i have to worry about that?Please if anyone has got an answer reply me,Thanx in advance.

stansfield

« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2010, 12:11:54 AM »
Hi All,

I have a serious problem after upgrading from 4.8 to 5.0.418.

In my case, Avast disables everytime the computer goes to sleep or even turns off the screen, so everytime I leave the computer for several minutes, I have to turn Avast on again, as I have the message that "Avast! antivirus program has been stopped, or is in an inconsistent state.".

And when I do press Fix or whatever, everything seems to turn back on, but I still get a message saying sth like "the following components could not be started: [and a list of all the components here, mail, IM, p2p etc]".

If it's not fixed soon I will have to uninstall it and go back to 4.8 I guess :/

(I'm running Win 7 Ult 64-bit on a ThinkPad X61t)

Hermite15

« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2010, 12:17:01 AM »
Hi All,

I have a serious problem after upgrading from 4.8 to 5.0.418.

In my case, Avast disables everytime the computer goes to sleep or even turns off the screen, so everytime I leave the computer for several minutes, I have to turn Avast on again, as I have the message that "Avast! antivirus program has been stopped, or is in an inconsistent state.".

And when I do press Fix or whatever, everything seems to turn back on, but I still get a message saying sth like "the following components could not be started: [and a list of all the components here, mail, IM, p2p etc]".

If it's not fixed soon I will have to uninstall it and go back to 4.8 I guess :/

(I'm running Win 7 Ult 64-bit on a ThinkPad X61t)

you should start a new thread for this, this thread is getting crowded with posts that have nothing to do there. I doubt your issue can happen when the screen is turned off though... possible when the system goes into sleep mode yes, in which case you should uninstall and reinstall.

Matrix-Z

« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2010, 05:02:29 PM »
@ Nico Geysen :
Two antivirusprograms at the same time (even if disabled) is ALWAYS trouble. I think you better had uninstalled McAfee Trial before installing Avast.
Maybe start up in safe mode (if that still works) and uninstall McAfee trial. I hope this can help you ...

stansfield

« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2010, 05:05:04 PM »
you should start a new thread for this, this thread is getting crowded with posts that have nothing to do there. I doubt your issue can happen when the screen is turned off though... possible when the system goes into sleep mode yes, in which case you should uninstall and reinstall.

I'll start a new thread, good idea. But maybe I'll just try reinstalling first..

As to the sleep mode, I thought so too at first, but no. As I've determined it happens by itself after some time being turned on (several minutes I guess). The computer doesn't have to go to sleep, actually I think that nothing needs to happen. The computer can be left unattended, or I can keep browsing the web or whatever - after a few minutes when I check the Avast tray icon I see it's off.. :/
Anyway -> reinstall, and if it doesn't help then new thread. thanks

sherlook

« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2010, 06:42:24 PM »
Hi/ i am a home user that used before 4.8 but download ver 5.... i instal it and updat .but have a problem after 2 mounth i formated my computer and install windows again but i copyed my avast 5 directory from program files from last windows to new directory . but had error in ashshell.dll and ashbase.dll. plz help me when i updated my anti virus can i do anything to save directory avast5 from program files or no??? or i must download again your updat file from :http://www.avast.com/community-and-support??? another question how i buy your original antivirus pack? i live in iran help me how ?? i have 10 years computer and i used macafee /zonealarm/ kaspersky/ nod32/symantec  and ... but your anti virus the best and best and best anti virus in world. i love it really . good luck

Branwynn

« Reply #160 on: February 28, 2010, 02:46:13 PM »
Hi all, I am new to Avast and this forum so I hope I am doing this right. I have just gotten the new suite and loaded it onto my lap top which is running winXP media edition 32 bit. Running fantastical and no issues. I loaded it onto my desk top that is running winXP Pro 64 bit and for some reason I can not get the firewall to turn on. I am wondering if there is a conflict or perhaps a special fancy work around someone knows about. Any help would be wonderful as I have 3 PCs with this 64bit OS.

Thank you, Branwynn

sudeepg

New avast program daily update in offline mode
« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2010, 03:03:45 PM »
Can somebody kindly help me about manual daily update of avast V5 in offline mode?

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2010, 03:18:17 PM »
Hi all, I am new to Avast and this forum so I hope I am doing this right. I have just gotten the new suite and loaded it onto my lap top which is running winXP media edition 32 bit. Running fantastical and no issues. I loaded it onto my desk top that is running winXP Pro 64 bit and for some reason I can not get the firewall to turn on. I am wondering if there is a conflict or perhaps a special fancy work around someone knows about. Any help would be wonderful as I have 3 PCs with this 64bit OS.

Thank you, Branwynn

I loaded it (avast!) onto my desk top that is running winXP Pro 64 bit and for some reason I can not get the firewall to turn on.

Branwynn,

AFAIK, there are no software fw's for XP 64bit.  The built-in Windows fw is may be your only choice.

Try http://www.agnitum.com/download/OutpostFreeInstall64.exe
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 03:35:13 PM by rdmaloyjr »

Branwynn

« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2010, 08:53:33 PM »
Thank you for the information rdmaloyjr!! :) The link you have on your post sends me to download a program I never heard of so I didn't. As a novice, I understand you mostly but not completely. What does AFAIK mean please?

I have read other threads that indicate Avast isn't lilely to ever be compatable with 64 bit systems. Is there truth in that or is there hope? Anyone?

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2010, 09:21:34 PM »
As Far As I Know ;D ;D ;D

Outpost firewall is very well known.

I don't think Outpost is a good fw, but there are many that like it.

Outpost fw slows down my internet speed as well as many others.

Some don't have the problem of internet slowing with Outpost fw.

fw: firewall ;D ;D ;D

http://www.agnitum.com/

http://free.agnitum.com/