Author Topic: New avast program update 5.0.418  (Read 330018 times)

zander

Re: New avast program update 5.0.418
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2010, 02:15:49 PM »
Thanks for the welcome YoKenny.  SP3 not for me after previous problems.  Would just like to find a solution to the current -albeit a minor problem.  Did not exist before latest AVAST upgrade.  

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2010, 02:52:40 PM »
Sorry... system crashed on reboot and keeps getting BSOD after start. WinXP SP2 (SP3 killed machine - ACER Travelmate... so wont go there again) Had to delete install and now no security program running ... please help... long time avast user.

I heard that a security fix (MS10-015) released by MS on Feb. 9 causes BSOD on WinXP. Isn't there something to do with this?
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Dcn.Dad

« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2010, 05:21:09 PM »
"I see you are still running Windows Service Pack 2 so you should install Windows Service Pack 3 that has been available for over a year and a half"

Thanks, YoKenny - I have lost track of how many times I have tried to install SP3 on the laptop.  As usual MS's error messages are 100% correct and completely useless.  Going to their site has not helped much either.  If there is some site that offers understandable and useful help, I would appreciate it.  I have installed on three other PCs without a problem - only this one is bugging me.  I also recently tried hoping some change had been made permitting a successful installation - no luck.

Jon_T

« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2010, 06:41:10 PM »
After the 5.0.418 update I now have the avast! Context Menu Virtualize/Sandbox options back.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=54736.0

grecale

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2010, 07:07:49 PM »
This software dosen't work and put the pc in crash!!!
As a stupid i bought last week the licenses in offer, well two computers are death, you understand death and i've lost all my dates
I Wrote email to support@avast.com but NOBODY ANSWER!!
Fuck you, you can't imagine the damage.....six mounths and not at all

I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND I'LL SPEND MY TIME TO GIVE YOU THE SAME SERVICE THAT I GOT IT

https://ccc.element5.com/ccc/my_account.html?languageid=5&pid=317735585
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 07:10:13 PM by grecale »

YoKenny

« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2010, 09:19:59 PM »
@ Dcn.Dad

What are the MS's error messages?

How to troubleshoot common Windows Update, Microsoft Update installation issues
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602

sded

« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2010, 11:12:22 PM »
Grecale,
why don't you tell the people on the forum what your problems are, how you installed Avast! 5, and a bit about your OS and other security software, and maybe someone can help you with your problems.  Since you show you have never posted before, looks like you never asked for help either.  As far as F--- yous, threats,  and requests for money back, you will need to get in contact with Avast! during normal business hours to sort that out.  Most of the people on the forum are just other users who have broken enough stuff to have an idea of how to fix things.  Some of them even speak Italian if you get desperate.

Offline RedFan

« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2010, 01:26:08 AM »
Sorry... system crashed on reboot and keeps getting BSOD after start. WinXP SP2 (SP3 killed machine - ACER Travelmate... so wont go there again) Had to delete install and now no security program running ... please help... long time avast user.

I heard that a security fix (MS10-015) released by MS on Feb. 9 causes BSOD on WinXP. Isn't there something to do with this?
You can uninstall this update, MS working on a new patch to solve this issue
Intel® i3 Quad-Core @4,3 GHZ. RAM: 16GB ddr4 || SSD 500 GB || Windows 11 Home x64 || Chromium user.

hvbharath

« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2010, 01:28:15 AM »
Hi

Successfully updated from 5.0.415 to version 5.0.418

thx

grecale

« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2010, 02:05:14 AM »
Grecale,
why don't you tell the people on the forum what your problems are, how you installed Avast! 5, and a bit about your OS and other security software, and maybe someone can help you with your problems.  Since you show you have never posted before, looks like you never asked for help either.  As far as F--- yous, threats,  and requests for money back, you will need to get in contact with Avast! during normal business hours to sort that out.  Most of the people on the forum are just other users who have broken enough stuff to have an idea of how to fix things.  Some of them even speak Italian if you get desperate.

Thanks for the answer, since happned 4days ago.............
Two pC , windows xp with avast 4free, spybot, same configuration, one is in office and the other is notebook
I bought update 3 licenses to avast5 internet security , download the exe and the file for licence, start the programm and crash after few second, no more signal allblack......
Unlucky while i update mine the office make the same, this time two crash after that allblack too
And now what you think i feeel myself? of course i had a backup dates but not all, not all
For me there is no story, the software is very dangerous, every machine worked well without problems before the update
The security test is durty water without sense, they are selling a dangerous product

Thank to hear me

sded

« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2010, 02:19:24 AM »
Did you crash when trying to install AIS, or after it was installed and you tried to run it?  Where exactly in the process did you get a black screen, and were there any messages on it?  Or around it?  What is the current status of your computers-are you back running avast! 4?  What were/are you using as a firewall, since that can be a major source of contention with something like AIS, which contains its own firewall.

dominumds

« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2010, 04:03:10 AM »
Remember .177... almost fried my computer (it freezed it, couldn't even open a single app, and when I tried to send it to hibernation it freezed too)
Now everything runs smooth :) (no Behavior Shield installed though)

(5.0.418)

gammaruth

« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2010, 04:38:05 AM »
Just purchased the Pro 5 version and installed on my old PC.  Today it has crashed and there is a file called afwServe.exe taking up all my CPU.  Not much else can function.  Do I have a virus?  I have been unable to properly install on my new laptop.  Although it installs and says the new license has been accepted, I still get continual pop-ups telling me my AVAST has expired.  I am not computer literate, but my husband is pretty good and he is stumped.  Please tell us what to do?  Do we uninstall AVAST and try again?
Hope I'm posting right and can find this again for answers!  Thank you!
-gammaruth

sded

« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2010, 04:51:32 AM »
What OS are you running?  What AV (and other security software) were you running prior to the new avast! and how did you remove the old av?  Please check the name of the process again-I don't recognize afwserve.exe; the avast! 5 service is avastsvc.exe.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2010, 11:59:44 AM »
afwServ.exe is the service of avast! Firewall. Therefore it's not present in avast! Pro, only in avast! Internet Security... so, do you have avast! Pro, or avast! IS installed?
What operating system do you use?