Author Topic: New avast program update 5.0.418  (Read 329893 times)

gordon451

Re: New avast program update 5.0.418
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2010, 02:57:11 PM »
@ shadha - just for the heck of it, try the Leak Test from Gibson Research, http://www.grc.com/lt/leaktest.htm.

I have no connection with this site apart fronm using it as a basic security resource, and I derive no benefit from using it or advertising it.

Gordon

jimkarlo

« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2010, 11:51:05 AM »
help me how to fix this problem...tnx

GreggH

« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2010, 04:02:17 PM »
shada....

Just tried the new internet suite and used the Comodo leak test suite and scored 120 / 340. Used the leak test suite on my wifes laptop which has Comodo Internet Security version 4 beta and scored 320 / 340. I think Avast Internet Security needs to pick up a little considering that CIS is a beta and AIS is a public version. I think I will stay with CIS as is performs much better than AIS and it is FREE.

You tried a leak test from Comodo and then somehow were surprised that an IS from Comodo scored well on it? Personally, I would have been surprised if the suite from Comodo scored low on a test designed by Comodo. Have you thought of asking the folk at AlWil to design a test to show how well the Avast! IS does? I am sur they could end up with a score as good as the one Comodo got on it's own test...

Gregg

cabatistela

« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2010, 01:23:40 AM »
Great software! congratulations
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 01:28:52 AM by cabatistela »

hyjaxltd

« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2010, 01:36:45 AM »
To not have to be turning in a thesis to my English teacher when presenting a problem...ie, we know you smart guys need ALL the data you can, but come off your tilting chair for a bit and realize that some people DID NOT goto college :o .  Just because its not the techie term doesnt mean we should just go home.  Some of us went and did other things with life, like service.

It DOES NOT mean anything about the intelligence.  If its getting to you that ONE word is not the word YOU want or would USE...get over yourself.  Sometimes my very PC propbelms were solved when my redneck nephew who doesnt know Sata from IDE suggests something using whodilly and whatchamanumber. 

TRUE Intelligence is being able to understand things like this  8)

Look past and see the entire scope...not just a word  ;D

Try this next time you are about to criticize someones post, or lack of understanding:

What if that were your mom, dad, someone in your family you care about that has not had the opportunity you have to know those terms...would you really talk to them like we have some of those on the forums  :-*

Julie48

« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2010, 05:57:41 PM »
Hi guys,

we have just released a new program update to avast 5 (version number 5.0.418). You can go to this update from previous v5 builds by invoking the program update feature from within the avast GUI. Alternatively, you can download a full installer from our website (http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download#tab4) -- please note that the partner sites, such as download.com, may take a day or two to get updated.

Change log (incomplete list):
- stability improvements in the Behavior Shield
- improved compatibility with MBAM Pro (Windows XP)
- improvements in the rootkit scanner
- solved a vulnerability in AavmKer4.sys (Windows 2000/XP only) - special thanks to Tobias Klein
- ProAV + IS: solved a problem with Acrobat hanging when opening pdf files directly from IE
- firewall: low-level packet rules are back in the Expert settings
- improvements in the licensing engine
- new languages: Traditional Chinese, Swedish, Korean, Bulgarian, Hungarian. This makes the current number of supported languages 16

All users of the previous v5 builds are recommended to upgrade.

Thanks
Vlk

Julie48

Avast Internet Security Security 5.0
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2010, 06:05:13 PM »
Today, I purchased Avast Internet Security Security 5.0 & a hard copy of the software.  I have tried downloading this and can not get my license.  When I click on the attachment for my license it just takes me to Windows File Association and I still don't know what to do to get my license.  Can you please help me?   Thank You!!!!!

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2010, 06:08:38 PM »
Did you install avast! first?

zfactor

« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2010, 06:23:56 AM »
new issue, with 418. with vbulletin forums, i have a issue opening my pm's on certain boards. its coming from something to do with avast if i turn off avast shields it works fine. as soon as i turn them on it stops responding again. if you would like more info pm me please.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2010, 03:51:38 PM »
Conflict requires two elements, remove one element no conflict, unfortunately that doesn't say what the cause of the conflict is.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Hemmers

« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2010, 10:28:51 AM »
I don't have the installer for 5.0.3xx, so until a stable version comes round I'll have to manage without AV or jump ship to AVG, which I'd rather not do as I've used Avast! for a long time and am loyal to what is usually an excellent bit of software,

Please go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools -> Service, and try to start the "avast! antivirus" service. What error message do you get, if any?

Thanks
Vlk

Hi,
Sorry for (very) slow reply.

Tried that. Get a dialog box saying:

"The avast! Antivirus service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service."

Cheers,
Hemmers

alpha60

Re: Problem with floppy disk with Avast Internet Security 5.0.418
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2010, 11:14:53 AM »
Hi,
on Windows 7 I had installed Avast Professional and there was no prolema.
I have now installed Avast securiy internet and I noticed that every time I open the "Computer" folder you enable the driver of the FloppyDisk (issuing annoying "GRRRR"), even if I open a HD and then return back with the arrow in the upper left resumes the F.Disk. You have some solution to delete this annoying problem?  
Thank you  
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 11:58:38 AM by alpha60 »

alpha60

Re: Problem with floppy disk with Avast Internet Security 5.0.418
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2010, 11:21:24 AM »
Grazie ???
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 12:14:11 PM by alpha60 »

Dcn.Dad

« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2010, 03:00:09 AM »
I don't have the installer for 5.0.3xx, so until a stable version comes round I'll have to manage without AV or jump ship to AVG, which I'd rather not do as I've used Avast! for a long time and am loyal to what is usually an excellent bit of software,

Please go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools -> Service, and try to start the "avast! antivirus" service. What error message do you get, if any?

Thanks
Vlk

Hi,
Sorry for (very) slow reply.

Tried that. Get a dialog box saying:

"The avast! Antivirus service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service."

Cheers,
Hemmers

On XP with SP3 if a service is set to Automatic, the msg you received is normal; however, the service has been started - it's just not called at the time you started it.  In other words, all sounds normal.

Dcn.Dad

AnelloG

« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2010, 03:25:39 PM »
Hi guys,

we have just released a new program update to avast 5 (version number 5.0.418). You can go to this update from previous v5 builds by invoking the program update feature from within the avast GUI. Alternatively, you can download a full installer from our website (http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download#tab4) -- please note that the partner sites, such as download.com, may take a day or two to get updated.

How come my copy of Avast (which is set to constantly update itself through my always on cable connection) is telling me version 4.8.1368 is the most up to date version? I even went to the update section of its menu and manually searched and it said it was up to date

Anello