Author Topic: Time outs with MS Outlook  (Read 3898 times)

speedosurfer

Time outs with MS Outlook
« on: June 27, 2003, 08:33:47 AM »
 ???
Goodmorning,

I have an problem with the new program-update and outlook. I get while i retrieve mine e-mail an timeout from the pop server, mine ISP have no problems when i shutdown Avast 4 then the mail is coming-in. I have the timeout level set 360 seconds this must be enough but it does. How can i solve the problem it is very irritant that i must several times try to get mine mail because there occur an timeout. Outlook Express has this problem not with Avast 4 but i use the version Outlook from Office 2000.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Time outs with MS Outlook
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 09:03:09 AM »
Hi,

you're saying it stops happening when you disable avast? How did you disable it? Is it enough to pause the provider Outlook/Exchange? Or if you terminate it?

It's quite strange that avast would interfere with Outlook traffic because it works as a plugin at the 'view' level, not transport level (which roughly means that the messages are not scanned when downloaded but when viewed).

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

speedosurfer

Re:Time outs with MS Outlook
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2003, 12:49:41 PM »
Hello,

Strange answer, when i start outlook there comes in the taskbar an icon that avast is going to scan al mail i receive, When i receive e-mail with an virus or suspects codes i said delete or move to the chest. Avast scans mail when i retrieve it and when i vieuw it. Avast interfere with outlook, i removed outlook and try one of more other anti-virus products i have no problem with Kaspersky, Mcafee and Norton al those scanners are registered but i keep using Avast because it does with it mus does. So mine problem must be resolve and this problems is going to start after the latest montly programm update. So what is here gonna happening.

Speedo