Author Topic: Are you so sure Avast 5 problems are only with a few  (Read 3211 times)

PAL10

Are you so sure Avast 5 problems are only with a few
« on: February 12, 2010, 04:08:44 AM »
    I don`t want to be making trouble here so don`t get wrong. I have used avast for years and have recommended it to many many people. I just want it to work like in the past and also so all the people I turned on to Avast will stop bugging me about What in the world happened to Avast. When I was dealing with my Avast problem ( never was figured out I went back to 4.8 and is working fine ) all I kept hearing was how it works for everyone else.....must be my unusual machine....how there are millions of people where it is working fine. Well I wonder if you realise that more then 60% of the people with PC`s that use free software will struggle for a while...talk about it with their friends and then just move on. They didn`t pay for it so OH well. Do you realize that way less then one % will ever come looking for an answer at your forum. I think you would be amazed how few Avast users even know this forum exist. If you look at how many people just on this forum are having major problems....which like I said is an extremely small amount of the Avst free users....and you use statistics to multiply it up...the amount of people possibly having problems is just staggering. Now I`m am not saying the Avast techs will not figure this out. I have confidence that if they made a program that worked as well as the 4 series...they will also get 5 working well soon I hope. If not I think in time you will undoubtedly know how many people were having problems when it`s use drops to almost nothing. I hope and don`t think this will happen...but I think some of you helpers have to stop hiding your heads in a hole and realise that compaired with 4.8 on a whole 5 is a buggy mess. Also I hope things get sorted out fast so all the people I turned on to Avast will stop calling me and asking what happened to Avast.........Peter

edited to specify helpers hiding their heads
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 05:17:05 AM by PAL10 »

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Re: Are you so sure Avast 5 problems are only with a few
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 04:27:07 AM »
Hi Peter :)

A post from Vlk today ( or yesterday ). I hope it is ( part of ) an answer :

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=55395.msg468667#msg468667

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

news

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 04:47:09 AM »
Hello Peter...

I can only say..wait. Vlk and his team read this forum, constantly. They also post to it as Rednose has pointed out. They're working to solve the problems, not running from them as I've seen on some of the other forums I visit. They're breaking new ground with their software. They'll never solve all of the problems, just most of them.

To me personally, that says a lot.

sded

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 05:01:21 AM »
I guess i missed the earlier discussions.  What problems are you having with 5.0.418 that you believe are in common with millions of other users?  I only have Avast! 5 on 3 machines (2 Vista and 1 XP3) with no problems so don't really understand the scope of the issues.  And why do you think Alwil is hiding their heads with the frequent Vlk requests for additional data on problems and responsive updates?  And why do you think that those who have no problems (most of the one million + beta users) are hiding their heads vs those whose machines have specific issues that just weren't brought out sufficiently in beta testing?  In other words, most say "what buggy mess???".  Or have you just stopped looking at the updates and have no idea of the current status of Avast! 5 ???  Maybe post your remaining issues at http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=55484.15;topicseen ?  Rather than just continuing whinging.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 05:04:12 AM by sded »

PAL10

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 05:01:50 AM »
       Hi Greetz
 Thank you for the link...I had not seen it. It is good to know they are working hard to fix things as I thought they probably were. I hope it wasn`t forced out before it was ready by upper management and now the tech`s are forced work 24 seven to get things right. The BSOD messed my machine up bad and I have to reload Win 7 but I don`t have the time right now. I guess it is my own fault I should have run it on a test machine ( which I don`t have right now ) before I put it on my new machine. I have had so much success with Avast in the past that they lulled me to complacency. My complaint about denying a problem was more about some of the helpers here jumping all over some people with unsolved problems. You are not one of them....actually it is only a few and it seems Vlk addressed some of it very well. I wish I had a nother machine and the time right now to try and help speed this up but I don`t. I only have time to check here each day to see where things are at.
      Thanks for the reply and alerting me to Vlk`s post.....Peter