Author Topic: No warning sound when anythin detected  (Read 4695 times)

BanziBaby

No warning sound when anythin detected
« on: June 24, 2003, 05:21:36 AM »
Hi Me Again :)

I just ran an email check on Avast using this site http://www.gfi.com/emailsecuritytest/

It sends out some dummy mails & the EICAR test virus 2 test Ur protection, before i always got warning sounds & the voice sayin Warning threat detected(or somethin similar)but this time i got no sopunds at all, i tested it 3 times & not a peep, it detected the mails & the files & brought up the warning dialog box, but no sounds

I looked in the Avast folder & the is no wav files there or in the media folder in windows folder

I did post earlier with a problem with the program not startin due 2 not loadin the skin file, found out it was down 2 a corrupt regsvr.exe file(got that sorted thanks 2 the great help from Vlk)

Im just wonderin if that could be the cause of the loss of the warning sounds(i still get the clickin noise when i move the mouse onve the options in the Avast main window)

Or have the sounds been removed in the latest update(229)I really liked the warnings sounds as an audio que is a good idea

Cheers

BaNzI :o

PS Every time i run the simple interface, i keep gettin the help box appearin even though i check the Don't display this again ???
« Last Edit: June 24, 2003, 02:36:55 PM by BanziBaby »

BanziBaby

Re:No warning sound when anythin detected
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 04:44:01 PM »
Hi :)

Just givin this thread a bump lol ;D

Really would like to get the Avast sounds back before i leave so my Bro doesn't cause my PC any probs

I've check the volume settings, they are ok, but like i said when a threat or virus is detected, no voice or siren sounds appear

Cheers ;D

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 06:10:21 PM »
Do the wav files work in the Sounds applet of Control Panel?

And can you try the thing described in http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=417;start=0 ?

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

BanziBaby

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 06:23:52 PM »
Cheers Vlk & Waldo ;D

Silly me, i forgot 2 look in the English folder, i thought they would be in Data ::)

Followed the adivce U gave & the sounds are there & i have set them up in the sounds control panel :)

I just wish other software support forums had the same dedication & helpfull staff & members that this 1 has :)

Thanks 4 helpin me out yet again :)