Author Topic: Avast 4.8 Emails  (Read 5282 times)

Offline Bobby007

Avast 4.8 Emails
« on: February 11, 2010, 05:45:07 PM »
  My brother and I use Avast antivirus..There are times I send him an email and his system shows it has a virus..All my Avast scans all incoming and outgoing emails..I have scanned my computer (boot scan)with the System restore turned off..I cannot find a virus..I have done a thorough scan also..Any ideas why this is happening..

Thanks Bobby ???

CharleyO

Re: Avast 4.8 Emails
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 07:55:48 PM »

Welcome to the forums, Bobby   :)

There are a number of things this could involve including ... what is the antivirus your brother uses?

EDIT :

OOPS ... I guess I suddenly lost the ability to read correctly.    :-[

Thanks for kindly letting me know, guys.   :)

« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 06:51:21 PM by CharleyO »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 09:11:39 PM »
They both do ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Bobby007

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 09:42:52 PM »
  We both use avast

rustoman

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 08:26:34 AM »
I'm running avast professional editon version 4.8 build september 2009 4.8.1368 sometime's I get the same error seems to be when I send or try to send certain types of files/pictures/videos. I would not hold my breath waiting on a response from avast. they never did answer on a different problem I was having. I did get help here that lead me to resolution thou. turned out that avast had allowed over 1287 infections that avast would not detect. I ended up using malwarebytes Anti-malware free download to find and remove them all and had to turn off avast so it could work. It will work with avast if your not infected like I was. after I got my pc clean With malwarebytes anti-malware both worked fine together.

You may try downloading it and scanning your pc. It will find things avast does not. I had to run quick scan and full scan with it to completely clean my pc. more than once but it cleaned mine up finally heres the link I was given by pondus. hope you get it straight. and if you do figure it out email or pm me I'd like to know what was causing the trouble. it rarely happens to me so it doesnt bother me.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.msg451454#msg451454

The good news is that there are a few guys here like pondus and essexboy that are very helpful

If you run into a guy named tarq57. tell him to go away he will just try and make you look stupid for not answering his vague questions. Like he asked me what version I had posted 4.8 pro 2 or 3 times. he then tried to make out like I was vague. ANd if you were to read his post he never asked for the build number which he tried to make out like I was Avoiding posting this info he never asked for. asked me for logs that I couldnt post due to them being to large and trust me I tried.

hes just here to piss off people I guess just remember to avoid letting the blind such as he lead you.

I'm no expert but pondus and essexboy seem pretty savy. I'm sure there are others who are too. I just joined to resolve my issue yesterday after giving up hope on a reply from avast support. I'm using a paid version by the way.

best of luck
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 08:47:09 AM by rustoman »

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 10:39:46 AM »
Sorry this is quite OT, but I need to address it.

Get your facts straight, rustoman.
The above post concerning my questions to you is full of inaccuracies and you know it.
The thread concerned is here, should anyone wish to check for themselves. My (disputed) advice commences on page 2.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 10:42:00 AM by Tarq57 »
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

CharleyO

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 06:55:15 PM »

Obviously, he does not know you very well, Tarq.   :)

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 07:35:20 PM »
Tarq57,
We all know better. There are always going to be some people
who can't follow instructions and blame the person giving the instructions
for their own ineptitude.  :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 12:45:59 AM »
Thanks for that.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

rustoman

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 02:35:28 AM »
obviously some knee pads on here. his questions were not specific. say what you will then go read them hes a real Jerk!!!!! and does not ask very specific questions. but wants specific answers. and bob falls right in there with him! and Cries when he does not get his way too. as we can see!!

As for ineptitude go read Bobs post to me guess he has the same reading  problem tarq has. 2 pees in a pod. LOL calling names to cover thier own down falls. real adult arent they.  seems they have nothing better to do than try and start trouble.

Guess the are to stupid to know I may have been giving the info they failed to specificly request to others Via PM's who were actually trying to help. And Did I might add. NO thanks to Tarq nor Bob!!!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 02:55:46 AM by rustoman »

YoKenny

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 03:14:36 AM »
@ rustoman

As you are new here you need to know a few things that you obviosliy do  not know.

Your mchsi.com email address is visable in your profile for spammers and scammers harvesting.

Bob and Tarq have been around a lot longer than you.

You are the "Jerk" and a Jr. Member and you do not appear stupid but an arrogant know-it-all
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 03:16:07 AM by YoKenny »

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 11:19:42 AM »
How does this bickering help the OP ? It doesn't. Sorry but i am reporting you to the mods rustoman. If you want help then start your own thread or continue in the one you already started. If you want help here then you will have to follow the instructions the helpers here gave you. What you are now doing is hijacking this thread and it doesn't help resolve the OP's problem. Sorry for the off-topic post everyone. Hope the OP get's his issue resolved.

CharleyO

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 02:07:01 PM »

You are quite correct, DM.   :)

Hopefully, Bobby007 will return to let us know.

But, after the highjacking of his thread by the know-it-all, it seems doubtful.   :(