Author Topic: Installing avast has slowed down loading of pages  (Read 5037 times)

sash_007

Installing avast has slowed down loading of pages
« on: February 13, 2010, 02:27:39 PM »
Hello friends,
I have installed avast  5.0.418 but it has considerably  slowed down my internet access  :-\

Southern Man

Re: Installing avast has slowed down loading of pages
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 02:40:41 PM »
Hello friends,
I have installed avast  5.0.418 but it has considerably  slowed down my internet access  :-\

Do you mean "considerably slowed down my internet access" to mean to opening up your browser from scratch or just pages opened up from your browser ?,i'll check it out now myself,are you using mozilla firefox or internet explorer,i have found disabling extensions in MF makes loads of difference especially some of them!,must admit i have not noticed any slow down at all.

sash_007

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 02:57:41 PM »
i use opera and firefox it went so slow that i have to disble the shields to open the pages as its hampering my work :-\ and what do u meean by "MF"

Southern Man

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 03:15:52 PM »
i use opera and firefox it went so slow that i have to disble the shields to open the pages as its hampering my work :-\ and what do u meean by "MF"

MOZILLA FIREFOX abbreviation (MF) for those that know!,it takes 4 seconds for mr to open MF from double clicking icon on desktop(this will be either slower or faster depending on the amount of extensions,addons you have enabled!?,open all pages immediately on all sites i have typed in 50 so far.
 I also use opera too have done so for years,in fact i always thought it was a faster browser tha MF,anyway opera for me version 10.10 takes 7-10 seconds to open up its browser from start double clicking on desktop shortcut and 3-7 seconds to get most of same sites i typed in,this does vary of course depending on the sites,maybe you have somethings else slowing your pc down or a software conflict with avast this did occur last year with avast malwarebytes,norton to name a few,but i think these conflicts have been resolved now.

Diazruanova

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 03:49:41 PM »

by any chance are you running OnlineArmor Firewall?

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • superhacker != super mario
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 03:54:45 PM »
1.check your settings for web and network shield.
2.get good firewall maybe another program "or many of them"connect to the internet
3.get glary utilities and clean your system
4.disable auto update in avast
Dreams don't die, they just fall asleep.

jwall

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 03:58:11 PM »

MOZILLA FIREFOX abbreviation (MF) for those that know!,it takes 4 seconds for mr to open MF from double clicking icon on desktop(this will be either slower or faster depending on the amount of extensions,addons you have enabled!?,open all pages immediately on all sites i have typed in 50 so far.
 I also use opera too have done so for years,in fact i always thought it was a faster browser tha MF,anyway opera for me version 10.10 takes 7-10 seconds to open up its browser from start double clicking on desktop shortcut and 3-7 seconds to get most of same sites i typed in,this does vary of course depending on the sites,maybe you have somethings else slowing your pc down or a software conflict with avast this did occur last year with avast malwarebytes,norton to name a few,but i think these conflicts have been resolved now.

I also run Opera 10.10 and those times are about right.  If fact, it seems that with the latest release of avast! 5, things seem faster, almost to the level of Avira free that I was using except without the ads!
Every ones system is different though.

WinXP Home SP3

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 04:06:12 PM »
almost to the level of Avira free that I was using except without the ads!
look avira free dont scan web traffic so if you run a malwae script from your browser avast will prevent it before it can hurt but avira will detect it when it fully come to you and will block it,thats why there is avira premium

jwall

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 04:10:07 PM »
almost to the level of Avira free that I was using except without the ads!
look avira free dont scan web traffic so if you run a malwae script from your browser avast will prevent it before it can hurt but avira will detect it when it fully come to you and will block it,thats why there is avira premium

I was strictly talking system speed.  For all that is going on in avast! 5, my system seems as fast as when I was using Avira free which ONLY has a file scanner (guard) going on.
I like avast!!  It has little (minimal) affect on my system.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 04:18:05 PM by jwall »

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 04:14:13 PM »
I like avast!!  It has little affect on my system.
all we love avast,and i am sorry i dont understand you good in the first time

jwall

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 04:15:45 PM »
I like avast!!  It has little affect on my system.
all we love avast,and i am sorry i dont understand you good in the first time

No problem, cheers. :)

sash_007

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 04:34:12 PM »
All rght  friends now it seeems to be working fine

Southern Man

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 11:12:35 AM »
All rght  friends now it seeems to be working fine

So maybe you would like to tell us what resolved your problem?,rather than just leave it open as people have bothered to help you on this topic?,i ma sure other peopl ewho might have similar problems to you would appreciate your feedback?>