Author Topic: AIS 5.0.418 service hangs in "starting" status on every boot  (Read 9260 times)

bala_avast

Re: AIS 5.0.418 service hangs in "starting" status on every boot
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 05:59:39 PM »
ya i had 90 processes earlier but that doesnt caused me any problems so far, because its the same for me for years. But thats old.
Now only a week before i reinstalled my win7 64 bit, even avast 5.0.396 was running fine, but once i made a clean install of 418 build this annoying problem started, to be more specific the same problem was there for in some beta builds too.

Im specific that it is avast because in the "services tab" in task manger avast is the only service that is in the starting state.. only after it starts the other services will continue starting. The funny thing here is i cant uninstall avast though as nothing is running. I have to reboot in safe mode to uninstall avast!!!! ::) ::)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 06:02:39 PM »
Bala, which are the blue screen error number and the faulty driver?
Any recent added software or updated driver?
The best things in life are free.

bala_avast

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 06:58:42 PM »
Bala, which are the blue screen error number and the faulty driver?
Any recent added software or updated driver?

Oh thanks, i got some reply now at least. I never had blue screen but the thing is whenever i reboot my pc all my startup applications and many of windows services wont start until the avast service starts. Here starts the problem all the the other services that starts normally before starts in a few seconds and changes from "starting" state to "running" state(monitor it in the task manager-> status-> sort by status) in a few seconds, but when the avast svc starts it gets struck in the "starting" state for more than 10 to 15 minutes, which causes the delay in starting the services that will start normally after avast is loaded...

I cant even take a screenshot as i cant even start the clip tool at that state... pls help

bala_avast

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2010, 07:10:04 PM »
Why people from avast not responding??? Is the avast technical team not willing to provide solution or what? I even sent the dump, they are not even ready to analyze it ... this is not the kind of response they should give :(

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 07:11:36 PM »
Why people from avast not responding??? Is the avast technical team not willing to provide solution or what? I even sent the dump, they are not even ready to analyze it ... this is not the kind of response they should give :(
Maybe we must wake up pk ;D

bala_avast

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2010, 08:38:21 PM »
until this problem gets solved im forced to use microsoft security essentials which i dont like at all.... :o

bala_avast

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 08:08:27 PM »
Maybe we must wake up pk ;D

I dont think no one will sleep this much longer  :P :P

bala_avast

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 03:19:43 AM »
Ok avast team!! Its 3 days, but not even a suggestion or solution from anyone..... :( >:( This is really bad... i never expected such a response from avast team. Anyway i wont bug this thread again asking for a solution..... let the problem be there and atleast the future versions may solve it..I thought of buying avast at release but some bugs forced me not to, When i see a strong and bugless build ill get my license from avast. Thanks for all
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 07:28:48 AM by bala_avast »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 03:49:14 AM »
Something is getting wrong... lack of support ???