Author Topic: Computer blocked with avast 5  (Read 2367 times)

chris_cool

Computer blocked with avast 5
« on: February 21, 2010, 06:28:59 PM »
Hi everybody

I used avast 4.8 and upgraded it recently. I have some problems my computer always start normally but once on my desktop, I can't make any action !!!
Only one solution, restart in safe mode and uninstall Avast 5 to use my computer.

I try some options:
  • full uninstall and install new version from 0
  • make a boot scan to check my computer (nothing found)
  • delay the launch of avast
Nothing is working.
I should add something, when I install avast 5, everything run well up to the next start of my computer

If someone as a solution for me ... (or also an information to find a place to download the previous version 4.8 )

I use windows XP pro.
MB Asus P4T533E, Pentium IV, 2.26 GHz, 2Go of RD-RAM

Chris

swtbreezie

Re: Computer blocked with avast 5
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 02:12:33 AM »
I downloaded and installed avast for home the free version and it totally messed up my system!  I got so many popups I couldnt do any thing else until I went into safe mode and removed it.  I thought this was good antivirus software???????????  I went back to my MacAffee.  ???  Why do you advertise this as being good antivirus software just to get people to buy the upgrad???????????????  And you have NO PLACE here so we can send you an email about this?  I have Vista home premium on my pc and avast obviously does NOT like it.

Offline -Genesis-

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 09:33:09 AM »
I downloaded and installed avast for home the free version and it totally messed up my system!  I got so many popups I couldnt do any thing else until I went into safe mode and removed it.  I thought this was good antivirus software???????????  I went back to my MacAffee.  ???  Why do you advertise this as being good antivirus software just to get people to buy the upgrad???????????????  And you have NO PLACE here so we can send you an email about this?  I have Vista home premium on my pc and avast obviously does NOT like it.

You only get pop-ups from v 4.8 to upgrade newer version.

Avast 5 Free has no pop-ups about upgrading.

I think you downloaded a wrong AVAST? maybe a virus something.....

Here's the link for Avast 5 free

http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-10019223.html?tag=contentMain;contentAux

Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 10:15:46 AM »
I got so many popups I couldnt do any thing
what popups ?
what did the popups say ?
was it virus warnings ?

Offline -Genesis-

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 11:35:06 AM »
@Pondus..

I think this what he means??.....

Why do you advertise this as being good antivirus software just to get people to buy the upgrad???????????????  And you have NO PLACE here so we can send you an email about this?  I have Vista home premium on my pc and avast obviously does NOT like it.

Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB