Author Topic: ais 5.0.418 Sorry to say this!! I lost my 4 years of trust on avast 5..  (Read 9576 times)

Hally

Re: ais 5.0.418 Sorry to say this!! I lost my 4 years of trust on avast 5..
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 06:00:45 PM »
Hi  :)

Forgot To Say...
Internet seems really nice and fast today - NO Slow Down With Avast 5  8)

Just Tried...
You Tube - NO Problem Watching Videos  :D

I know that a lot of people have - & - Some still are having problems with - Avast 5  :(
But at least the Avast Team do try to sort any problems out as fast as they can.
Most Other Security Software - It would just be... " Tough Luck! - Not Our Problem! "  :P

Hally

hyjaxltd

Re: ais 5.0.418 Sorry to say this!! I lost my 4 years of trust on avast 5..
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 06:39:49 PM »
Hi  :)

The last few weeks of using Avast 4.8 - Basically Went Like This...

Go to a Website  - Start reading the Website - Icon Gone! ... Click on another page, website or link - Icon back! ... So On - & - So On!  ::)

Sometimes the little globe would vanish from the Taskbar while the computers were just showing their desktop.
Click a Browser... Globe Icon Back!

Installed MSE .. Vanishing Globe Icon Problem - Gone!  :D

Since having Avast 5 on my Laptop...
The Internet Globe Icon - Just seems to disappear at random times  :-\
Still...
Opening a Webpage or Browser.. Brings Both - Icon & Internet... Straight Back Again!  :)

Hally

So you are not actually loosing your internet connection.  I think it has to do with 'High Profile' security settiongs and the newst Serviice Packs (XPsp3 Vista SP2), but cant swear on that.  I know I can duplicate your exact scenario with setting everything I use to high, but I dont thuink you security is comprimised at all.

Again, I think it just 'closes' the broadcast of your NETBios,as you can see you can browse just fine.

If anyone else can explain this better or different, please do.  Any techs care to chime in?