Author Topic: Unregistered Library  (Read 10787 times)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Unregistered Library
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 08:51:49 PM »
I don't know much about the GUI, so I can just guess... since it's on the Statistics page, it might be (corrupted) Flash installation. I'm not aware of any other library that might need registering...
I'd try reinstalling Flash, or at least finding the Flash library in System folder and running regsvr32.exe library_file.
Just a guess though.

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 08:57:04 PM »
There must be some problems more deeper... He is using the free version... then look at the dropdown snapshot he posted right here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=55745.msg471018#msg471018
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 09:04:21 PM »
You're right, it's strange... though I'm not completely sure it's related (to the error message).
Well, dumping the AvastUi.exe process (with avast! self-defense disabled) and uploading the dump... might reveal some more info.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 09:17:07 PM »

Still seeing I have Firewall, Antispam and Scrip shield and I downloaded Avast 5 free, I have never installed Avast Pro or Suite in this computer...

Those entries are weird! They must be the clue to the problem. I have AIS installed, I skipped the firewall during installation, and it doesn't show up. See shot.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 09:23:15 PM by Zyndstoff »
Free MBAM Clear

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 09:26:46 PM »
Okay, how about this very last idea:

Download AIS trial version.
Install AIS.
Reboot.
Uninstall AIS.
Reboot to safe mode.
Run aswclear5.
Run CCleaner.
Delete all alwil/avast folders on the pc.
Reboot.
Redownload avast free (make sure it is the free).
Install.
Reboot.
Free MBAM Clear

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 10:41:42 PM »
Personally it would be better to try what Igor is suggesting as that will provide them with useful information when the avastUI hangs/freezes and the dump is generated.

That may help find the true cause, where if what we try outside of that resolves the problem it is a missed opportunity as the information could help others, not to mention, what has happened to cadremis could in theory happen again if the cause isn't resolved.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 10:48:39 PM »
Well, to be honest: I believe it is not really a bug. He said he never installed the AIS, but only the free version. I simply don't believe that. Maybe he misdownloaded the wrong setup-file first.
There is no sense in that AIS features showing up in his GUI without having installed at some time the AIS...
Free MBAM Clear

cadremis

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 10:58:46 PM »
I have been playing around with everything here without uninstalling anything,  

1.-I have re-installed Flash Player (last version)

Avast does not Freeze, I can still use my computer, Avast 5 updates very well, I can scan (quick and complete) Avast 5 it's working, I have even configured it, I registered it, my problem starts when I go to Statistics, the msge pops up the Avast Ui Unregistered library (error unknown) after that I can move inside the Avast 5 free interface only if I checked some modules before using the back and forward arrows, one example is that if I re-start my computer, open Avast 5 free interface and go to Maintenance, Real Time Shields and then Statistics, I can only get back to Maintenance and Real Time Shields, and I am not allowed to clic something else in the interface, but Avast does not freeze it continues to spin and work very well, I know that when I reestart the computer if I want to do something I should not go to Statistics first, otherwise I won't be able to do anything.

After I discover this problem, I have re-installed Avast 5 free 3 times and I have 2 times downloaded the free versión from the original spanish Avast provides and the last time from softonic, still getting the same error.

Can someone tell me what to do or what to provide the developers in order to fix this? I have never had problems with the last versions of Avast and I was able to clic everywher in the Avast interface without having any problem.

Please advise...rm

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 11:04:39 PM »
@ Zyndstoff
Personally I  have to take cadremis's word that he didn't install AIS, which is really hard to do accidentally and not know about it.

I also defer to Igor's greater knowledge of avast 5.0, even though he protests he doesn't know much about the GUI ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

cadremis

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 11:14:29 PM »
Probably Vlk can help me with this if Igor does know have much knowledge about Avast Ui problems....

I feel confident that Avast 5 free is protecting my computer and I  and won´t go to another free antivirus solutions just because Statistics does not let do anything after clicking on it.

I have used Avast for more than 4 years and I'm still happy with it and recommend it very much to my friends everywhere, nobody has claimed about it.

I just need help to understand what is happening here, it probably can help others in the future with the same problem, so if you need me to do something else, provide you with some information I´m just waiting some one who tells me what to do as I have done so far.
rm

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 11:28:55 PM »
Okay, how about this very last idea:

Download AIS trial version.
Install AIS.
Reboot.
Uninstall AIS.
Reboot to safe mode.
Run aswclear5.
Run CCleaner.
Delete all alwil/avast folders on the pc manually.
Reboot.
Redownload avast free (make sure it is the free).
Install.
Reboot.

This is my only idea.
Maybe additionally uninstall WinPatrol and Outpost as well before reinstalling avast. One never knows...
If that won't do, we need a dev.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 11:31:01 PM by Zyndstoff »
Free MBAM Clear

cadremis

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 02:48:59 AM »
I give up!,
I uninstalled Avast 5 propperly again, uninstalled winpatrol, uninstalled, Outpost Firewall, removed the remaining envelopes from each software, corrected the registry, installed Avast 5 free before anything

Still the same problem, same error in statistics and still showing there antispam, firewall and script shiled statistics....

No need to attach new jpgs, they are the same I attached before.

Vlk,
I really need your help, I know you guys are bussy but I have done everything people here has requested with no success.

I´m still willing to cooperate providing you as much information I can....

rm :'(

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 02:30:03 PM »
Try reinstalling the flash plugin.
Just download and run this: http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 02:32:38 PM »

1.-I have re-installed Flash Player (last version)

...he already did that, Vlk.
And his free versions shows signs of the AIS in the staistics page drop down. I don't think it's a flash problem.
Free MBAM Clear

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 03:14:39 PM »
You're right, it's strange... though I'm not completely sure it's related (to the error message).
Well, dumping the AvastUi.exe process (with avast! self-defense disabled) and uploading the dump... might reveal some more info.

Perhaps you could walk him through the above Vlk (creating a dump file and sending it in). I know you have provided diections for this in the forum before, but I dont know exactly where so I cannot provide a link. I'm dying to see this issue resolved myself.

Also I wouldn't give up on it being problem related to Flash player.
What about look in Control Panel > Internet Options > Settings (Browsing history) > View objects - to see if anything broken that might be interfering with Flash (just a wild guess).
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.