Author Topic: AVAST 5.0.418 FREE DISABLED !!!  (Read 2715 times)

kabster

AVAST 5.0.418 FREE DISABLED !!!
« on: February 16, 2010, 11:23:32 AM »
Hello again ,

First of all i want to say i have AVAST 5 running since a week or so.  And i installed AVast 5 from scratch meaning, i have uninstalled 4.xx completely before installing avast 5 free !!

So... i left my computer on to work overnight.  And this morning i got to read a message about an infection located in the temp folder from my windows main account (which does have admin rights btw).  So, i deleted everything to make sure i got rid of that (since its an temp folder anyway).  But then i noticed Avast service COMPLETELY wos Disabled as i wos about to manually update AVAst  ???

Iam sure i didnt disabled anything, wot woud be the purpose of doing that when infact you want to be protected using an AV anyway !!?

So, accordingly to Eventvwr and i quote "The avast! Antivirus service terminated unexpectedly."  Event id 7034 btw !!!

So i checked my current running background processes, and i see for the 2nd time now a process running called "Run64.exe" which i cant END/STOP from running !!!???

The process is not linked to any service, but yet i cant End the process according to task manager from windows 7 !!??  Untill i restart my system = Run64.exe process gone  ::) !!!

Wot i want to know is , is it coincidence avast service got disabled because of well avast Bug somewhere !?  Or is the crash the results of that process running in the background or has that crash anything to do whit that suspicious file from my temp folder i have deleted "through avast actions" !!??

Anyway, iam currently doing an torough scan whit some software applictions like mbam,and sas !!

P.s: Avast 5 does detect some malicious files upon "on-acces scan" i asume (since i didnt sheduled nor scanned any of the files myself ! ) BUT Never makes a LOG entry for me to watch afterwards !!???  Wots the deal whit that !??

edit: iam sorry, AVast 5 does logs the repports another way i just figured out  ::) !

regards,

michel,

« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 11:33:25 AM by kabster »

kabster

Re: AVAST 5.0.418 FREE DISABLED !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 11:37:21 AM »
Update to my previous post:

This is the file that avast detected :

16/02/2010 6:19:36   .*\AppData\Local\Temp\Crypted.exe [L] Win32:IRCBot-BSX [Wrm] (0)

(For obvious reasons i wont post the name of my account  ::) )

So, my question is ..  could that file be the cause of avast 5 crashing rendering useless = disabled !??

thanks you ,

michel,

kabster

Re: AVAST 5.0.418 FREE DISABLED !!!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 11:51:38 AM »
It sure looks bad to me:
http://www.threatexpert.com/files/crypted.exe.html
http://www.prevx.com/filenames/711665840316309492-X1/CRYPTED.EXE.html
http://www.tallemu.com/oasis2/file/unspecified_vendor/unspecified_product/j_crypted_exe/490994

Yeah well... i have deleted it emediatly at the first sign of it through avast.

Currently iam doing an torough scan anyway whit several applications..  So far looks good now  ::)

And if this all doesnt help, well.. i still have an 256bit encrypted backup stored away from my system  ;D

thanks,

michel
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 11:55:43 AM by kabster »