Author Topic: AdMuncher & Avast  (Read 2882 times)

ioyuioynx

AdMuncher & Avast
« on: February 16, 2010, 04:22:38 AM »
Just an aftertought. 

If you did make the change to the avast4.ini file for AdMuncher please remember it.  Just in case .....

When you make your next update to the avast program if you run into any problems with the Webshield then remove that change and see if it solves them.   

I am certainly not saying a problem will occur - I just have some concerns about the way Ad Muncher and avast can tread on each other's toes.

We will still be here to help.   

I wanted to bring up discussion on the way AdMuncher works with Avast and how they can each tread on each others toes and what we as users can do to avoid any issues.

Please list any issues with how you see AdMuncher works, and I will contact the developer of AdMuncher and make him aware of any issues. I sorta know him a little bit.

So please alanrf or other Avast reps, please do tell us about any issues AdMuncher has with Avast.

petusalem

Re: AdMuncher & Avast
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 08:22:51 AM »
I am not alanrf or Avast! rep. But may I report one thing? Webshield does not work when AdMuncher is installed.

yaslaw

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »
AdMuncher works perfectly with Avast (after adding optinprocess in webshield.ini).. no problem so far..

petusalem

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 08:40:48 AM »
I know. Average Joe does not want to edit ini files.

yaslaw

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 08:44:47 AM »
true.. it should be possible to add proces to scan from gui..

YoKenny

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 11:13:04 AM »
I prefer a good HOSTS file managed with HostsMan that is free.

Needs no modification of webshield.ini and works just fine with the Web Shield. 

I use hpHosts and MVPS HOSTS files that are free:
http://www.abelhadigital.com

I use HostsServer that is included with HostsMan as a browser speedup proxy that also logs the effectivenes of the HOSTS file if Enable log and Log referrer are selected in Preferences.