Author Topic: Have some Avast 5 questions and lil problem.  (Read 2034 times)

Offline cheater87

Have some Avast 5 questions and lil problem.
« on: February 25, 2010, 08:49:18 PM »
 My friend who upgraded had it freeze while registering and had some problems with putting in her name or email. She accidently put in a typo in the email and then it froze for a bit so she had to exit out and when she came back the name and email page didn't pop up again but the second one did saying what country and how well does she know the PC. It still says shes registered but she could not do the first part of the registration. Will this affect her when the year expires? Also it keep saying the virus data base is updated when she logs onto the computer. Why does it keep updating or checking so frequently?
I have Opera, WOT, K9 Web Protection, Avast Free web shield and Behavior blocker only, Comodo Internet Security 10, and common sense. ^_^

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Have some Avast 5 questions and lil problem.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 09:07:48 PM »
Why does it keep updating or checking so frequently?
Because the bad guy's are making thousands of new viruses every day

sooflymami

Re: Have some Avast 5 questions and lil problem.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 10:55:26 PM »
I'm the one who's having this problem and I remember it did say the name and email address are required, but I made some typos on that part and exited it out. So I tried re-doing it after I clicked on register again, but the name and email part didn't come up anymore. Just the rest of them did. Can I still correct my infos next year when it expires and would I be ok? or would this affect next year when it expires?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 10:59:05 PM by sooflymami »