Author Topic: Win32:Small-BWL [Trj] found in memory  (Read 8527 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Win32:Small-BWL [Trj] found in memory
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 03:57:23 PM »
WTH  Why wasn't i notifyed of this new program  ::) lol I just downloaded v5 am now tweeking settings

bbl

With over 100 million avast 4.8 users there is a rolling update notification to balance server load, so that is most likely you haven't had your notification.

I would suggest you hold off on tweaking until you get a better understanding of how avast5 works and what the impact of any tweak might be as there is no 'Restore Default Setting' button.

So why dump SAS and what is wrong with free you have been using the free version of avast for how long ;D

The DCOM attacks are external and random not targeted, they should be blocked by your firewall (avast is acting as a fall back here), what is your firewall ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Nosnibor

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2010, 04:32:20 PM »
With over 100 million avast 4.8 users there is a rolling update notification to balance server load, so that is most likely you haven't had your notification.

I would suggest you hold off on tweaking until you get a better understanding of how avast5 works and what the impact of any tweak might be as there is no 'Restore Default Setting' button.

So why dump SAS and what is wrong with free you have been using the free version of avast for how long ;D

The DCOM attacks are external and random not targeted, they should be blocked by your firewall (avast is acting as a fall back here), what is your firewall ?

ooops too late  :o Where was that "Retore Default Setting" button again ??? I'm sure i'm safe but i've slowed my laptop to a crawl lol it's scaning everything for everything  as i've tweekrd the sh*t out of it
Dumping SAS is only tempory. What i mant was no harm done as i can just download and install it again.
My firewall is "COMODO W D+"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 04:36:23 PM by Nosnibor »

Nosnibor

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 04:35:02 PM »
Again i'm getting LOTS  DCOM attacks that avast is blocking which is good by why is my COMODO Firewall not blocking it ???
Do these DCOM attacks  mean SOMEONE  is trying to hack into my computer ???
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 01:46:40 AM by Nosnibor »