Author Topic: Pb Avast 5.0 and W7 64bits torrent  (Read 24341 times)

baudav

Re: Pb Avast 5.0 and W7 64bits torrent
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 03:33:00 PM »
I use Free AV, and when problem appear, I can't launch task manager, can't launch by CTRL+ALT+SUPP.

If I launch task manager at windows start, when computer not respond, CPU+memory utilization is normal. CPU <5% and 1GB RAM used/3GB.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 04:52:42 PM »
You can launch it after a day of up time, though (for example), and see if the numbers grow (they aren't supposed to grow much).
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

baudav

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 05:02:02 PM »
If I launch task manager at windows start, and when computer not respond: CPU+memory utilization is normal. CPU <5% and 1GB RAM used/3GB.. not excessive charge...

I have send memory dump (ctrl+scroll lock) to avast support French... but today no response :(

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 05:03:58 PM »
Where is the dump file?

Thanks
Vlk

baudav

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 05:06:02 PM »
baudav-utorrent-avast.rar to ftp.avast.com/incoming

baudav

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 04:01:27 PM »
solution? found problem? see why avast block system after one day ?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 10:34:50 AM »
Baudav, the dump file seems to be incomplete... (even the kernel portion seems to be truncated).
Could you please try to generate a complete dump (set up generation of Complete Memory Dump) and simulate the problem again.

Thanks much
Vlk

baudav

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 02:18:03 PM »
now I test Microsoft security essentials, it's free.

with AVAST disabled, my system freeze after 2 days, I was forced to uninstall..; This means we can not even properly disable AVAST!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:28:54 PM by baudav »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 11:10:30 PM »
with AVAST disabled
This means we can not even properly disable AVAST!
avast is not intended to be installed and not running, i.e., be disabled.
It will conflict with other antivirus sooner or later (drivers, services and so on). Just my opinion.
The best things in life are free.

baudav

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2010, 01:04:10 AM »
Before just disable, to see if problem become to AVAST, twice: only to disable and wait to update or other test; but response from AVAST is very long, and can't continue to use computer without AV.
Computer is clean, and new install; now I test Microsoft security essentials, and at this time no problem... wait and see.

yabooter444

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2010, 09:55:47 AM »
I have the same problem on vista ultimate 64bit. I am running 5.0.462 of avast free eddition.

If I start to download a (video and videogame file in rar's) torrent on bit torrent client the pc goes to a near crash freeze. Windows will take aproximately 30 seconds to open. The only way to prevent this hang up is to disable the virus scanner completely. It seems like the shields are hanging on checking the contents of the torrent. At the immiediate start of the download the program is fine, but once some data has been transferred the pc hangs.

My pc specs are

AMD 965 x4 processor
4GB Kingston DDR 3 1600 memory
ASUS M4A79XTD motherboard

Also a second problem with this virus scanner is there is no ability to ignore "viruses" there are alot of false positives with avast on programs even avast probably knows are not viruses. Why can't we have just a simple option to ignore viruses? You guys have dropped the ball on this bigtime!!

baudav

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2010, 06:26:38 AM »
hi yabooter444,

it's not same pb, your pb is AVAST scan file after utorrent write this; and if your rar file is not complete AVAST  >:(

I use utorrent with option to add extension .!ut if torrent file is not finished; Test this, I think it's better.

baudav

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 01:29:40 PM »
Hi  ;D
today: 10 days without reboot! with Microsoft Essential. I use utorrent and VMWare without any problem!!

AVAST 5 not work with utorrent and not work with VMWare for long time!! It's big problem!! AVAST stop virus, but AVAST is a virus...

Hoooo! Response for 1st question:
Is your computer virus free?
  no, it's just infected by AVAST :D

ravi16aug

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 03:04:14 PM »
Hi  ;D
today: 10 days without reboot! with Microsoft Essential. I use utorrent and VMWare without any problem!!

AVAST 5 not work with utorrent and not work with VMWare for long time!! It's big problem!! AVAST stop virus, but AVAST is a virus...

Hoooo! Response for 1st question:
Is your computer virus free?
  no, it's just infected by AVAST :D

Looks like you are under severe mental stress since Google has decided to leave China, or have you been like this always?

bong2x

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2010, 03:16:18 PM »
NEVERMIND THATS THE PROBLEM WHEN YOUR COMPUTER WAS HACKER BASE SOFTWARE AVAST WILL SERVES AS VIRUS DELETING ALL HACKING SOFTWARE :D