Author Topic: avast5 Internet Security and Windows XP Firewall  (Read 14092 times)

nuz

Re: avast5 Internet Security and Windows XP Firewall
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2010, 09:45:08 PM »
I've only ever seen one case of a user running two firewalls. And that was because he kept complaining that he couldn't connect to the net on a broadband connection. It worked fine after I disabled one.

catweezel

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2010, 10:57:48 PM »

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755158%28WS.10%29.aspx
well, I just read this article
This is for Win 7 and Win Server 2008  -  what about Windows XP ?   ???
It may be, it is no problem with WinFW and Avast IS unlike with other Desktop Firewalls....  
But it's better to enable or disable XP WinFW....  ???   :(
I see, I must make my own experiences  ;)

gjwizard

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 09:33:04 PM »
I have just purchased Avast! 5.0 Internet Security and installed it.  The firewall is "off" and the buttons to turn on and Fix Now do not work!  How do I get the Firewall to work? :-[
Well, my question is still the same.  How do I get the Avast! firewall to start???  I've turned off the Windows Firewall and it still doesn't work.   ???  I'm wishing I'd never purchased the upgrade and just stayed with the Free version!!!!

catweezel

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 08:54:38 PM »
Well, my question is still the same.  How do I get the Avast! firewall to start???  I've turned off the Windows Firewall and it still doesn't work.   ???  I'm wishing I'd never purchased the upgrade and just stayed with the Free version!!!!
have you tried this ?
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=55978.msg472854#msg472854

fmcc

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2010, 09:59:19 PM »
I AM HAVING THIS VERY SAME PROBLEM WITH MY FIREWALL NOT WORKING AND THE 'TURN ON' BUTTON NOT RESPONDING....I DO NOT SEE WHERE ANYONE HAS PROVIDED A SOLUTION?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 10:11:47 PM »
I've posted quite some times...
Which was your old firewall before avast?
I suggest an installation from the scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.
7. Check and post the results.
The best things in life are free.

lucinda yaj

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2010, 04:50:29 AM »
I have just purchased Avast! 5.0 Internet Security and installed it.  The firewall is "off" and the buttons to turn on and Fix Now do not work!  How do I get the Firewall to work? :-[

megalodon

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2010, 05:54:25 PM »
Hi,

I'm new here, but perhaps the people who can't get it to work waited too long, so their license was expired already before buying and so they must first insert their license key which was presented at the moment of purchase.

If that's not the case, then I don't know the answer. Just figured I should post this.