Author Topic: Why Avast supports two scans together?  (Read 2444 times)

coper

Why Avast supports two scans together?
« on: February 20, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »
Must be very conficting IF avast supports two scans together. I think quick scan and full scan together or the others for example custom scan and full scan etc. Any AV programs doesnt support more scans together by one AV program for example AVG, NORTON, ESET. Please do not allow to your users to use more scans together by Avast.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Why Avast supports two scans together?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 09:33:37 PM »
It would be resource intensive.
But it shouldn't be conflicting.
Why don't you let avast be better than the others? ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 09:36:08 PM »
Why would we do that??
Should we restrict avast!'s capabilities just because other products are unable to run multiple scans in parallel? I don't think so...
Nobody is making you start multiple scans in parallel - but if you want to, you can (don't forget it includes situations like - you're running a scan on background, and you scan a file from Explorer context menu, for example).

Hally

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 09:40:43 PM »
Hi  :)

Think I know what you're trying to say  ;)

When we click to start a scan...
Example - Full Scan
The scan starts .. But the buttons for the other types of scan still remain visible in the same window.
Not Sure!  :-[ If we are supposed to be able to do 2 scans at once though  :-\

I really like the new look of - Avast 5  8)
However!
I don't think I would ever want to try running 2 different types scan at the same time  :(
And...
I can certainly see how the layout of the scanning window could cause a bit of confusion.

Hally

Hally

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 09:45:46 PM »
Hi  :)

Guess I was typing at the same time as you guys  :-[

Why would we do that??
Should we restrict avast!'s capabilities just because other products are unable to run multiple scans in parallel? I don't think so...
Nobody is making you start multiple scans in parallel - but if you want to, you can (don't forget it includes situations like - you're running a scan on background, and you scan a file from Explorer context menu, for example).

So We Can Then?  :o

I just thought it was ( Don't Know Really ??? ) how the scanning window was just set out I suppose  ::)

Oh Well!
Still learning something every day   ;D

Avast 5 - Rocks!  8)

Hally