Author Topic: Avast 5 Free So lite And plays well with others  (Read 4010 times)

AnthonySavino

Avast 5 Free So lite And plays well with others
« on: February 21, 2010, 03:57:04 AM »
I used avast for I think 3 years now. I never had a problem with it except some tiny issues with 4.8. I will always trust avast over any paid for app. I have tested it myself and read tests and it never fails to perform as good as the so called top av's. This new version 5, I think is the best of all the av's out there I used it since it was out in beta and loved it. It works well with the antispyware program I use which is webroot spysweeper. I had a chance to use spysweeper with av but I didn't like how the sophus engine performed it was less than satisfactory. However Spysweeper does very well with its job so I decide to use Avast & Spysweeper. This combo works alot better. Webroot should have teamed up with Avast, I bet they would have done alot better in av removal. Thanks for this free product  ;D

hayc59

Re: Avast 5 Free So lite And plays well with others
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 04:11:37 AM »
Tony avast is a smokin product!! and I agree  8)

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Christian Geek - aka 'born again' Geek
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 03:21:54 PM »
+1  :D

Mr.Agent

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 03:35:00 PM »
Me its take about only 14-16 kb ram or 5-7 kb ram.

Its really really really light. Their gaming mode is awesome i cant just notice avast! in-game...

Mr.Agent

AnthonySavino

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 07:36:21 PM »
Yeah I love that game mode myself. 4.8 didn't have it but games still ran ok. But this version is just great. They say avast 5 didn't do as well as Norton in the tests. But it looked like it was close. It did great when I tested it. I would bet money Its better at detection than Norton. I bet these testers get paid off or something lol. I shouldn't accuse I guess. :-[   ;D But it does seem funny.