Author Topic: Are the Avast! default settings good enough?  (Read 2193 times)

2nd base

Are the Avast! default settings good enough?
« on: February 22, 2010, 08:03:18 AM »
I guess the topic title is rather self explanatory but I'm wondering if the default setup is actually good enough? Are there any settings that can be changed to make sure that everything possible to scan in realtime actually gets scanned. I don't know if I like the program storing decisions in memory and then forgetting about the files forever, for one thing but an entire system scan is only taking about 18 minutes and that just seems shoddy to me. It also makes me wonder if it's scanning everything it should be in realtime for the web.
Right now, I have the latest free version with everything set as it is by default. Thanks.

Offline -Genesis-

Re: Are the Avast! default settings good enough?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 09:10:33 AM »
For me?

I leave Avast Free Default settings.

Ive been using for so many computers.

I only add for Password Protection.

Maybe you should put pass also if your not the only one using your PC. This to avoid some people excluding files. And mostly your only one who can access the settings.
Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB

tharunnamboothiri

Re: Are the Avast! default settings good enough?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 10:46:25 AM »
i change every setting to the aggressive(high)mode that avast don't miss any threats.....i'm really happy that avast detected 97% of the viruses which i have with me in a cd.other results were as folows:
eset nod 32:95%
kaspersky:95%
mcafee:93%
norton:45%