Author Topic: Critical help for y'all!!!  (Read 3526 times)

SozeTheKeyser

Critical help for y'all!!!
« on: June 29, 2004, 11:23:23 AM »
Ever tried or perhaps even now is experiencing that Avast! has deleted critical for your systems, so windows won't open anything. ??? ??? :'( :-\
One of my fav, trouble-shooting sites Annoyances.org has a solution to this: 8) :D :o

Try:  http://annoyances.org/exec/show/article07-102  

- this should help, it did with me. (Remember the RIGHT CLICK and choose INSTALL)

Great for those, who, like me, are in between comp-wiz and it-challenged ;D :D ;D 8)

ps don't you just hate people who use smileys way to frequent (fyi; just being exstatic over fixing a prob.)

whocares

Re:Critical help for y'all!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 11:39:56 AM »
Another solution to this problem:
just run the CLEANER from avast hompage

;)

SozeTheKeyser

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 12:23:09 PM »
Yeah, it may help in some situations.
- But you can't use a program, when Avast! screws up your system (read as; registry database)
Since Cleaner is an .exe file it won't be able to be opened, as your system reports 'file not found' each time you try and open programs/.exe files.

I'm gonna try it anyway now, since my system is feeling better after some annoyances.org-medicine to cure the else so great Avast tendencies to not-repair viruses (wrm.) and instead leaves you to deleting them - thus creating the problem.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 12:48:58 PM »
It usually helps to change the program's name extension. Like to .COM, .BAT, .CMD or .PIF.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.