Author Topic: Firfox and IE will not run inside the sandbox  (Read 2385 times)

JohnMcConnochie

Firfox and IE will not run inside the sandbox
« on: March 04, 2010, 06:47:57 AM »
My apologies if this has been raised before but I couldn't find an appropriate thread for the issue.

I'm currently running the trial version of the Internet Security Suite with a view to purchasing it if I like it. Unfortunately neither Firefox nor IE will run inside the sandbox (although Chrome seems to be perfectly happy to do so). They WILL run outside the sandbox.

My OS is Windows XP Pro and Avast is the only security software currently on my system.

JohnMcConnochie

Re: Firfox and IE will not run inside the sandbox
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 07:16:31 AM »
I was wrong, Chrome crashes the computer when I try to run it in the sandbox. What am I doing wrong?

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 09:05:05 AM »
What OS are you running? WinXP SP2 or SP3? 32-bit, right?

Chrome crashes the computer when I try to run it in the sandbox.
Do you mean bluescreen? Then corresponding minidump should be created in \Windows\Minidump folder, would you mind to send me that file on kurtin@avast.com? Or was it application crash? Then the path to minidump should be in the dialog which is shown after crash...

Thanks!

JohnMcConnochie

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 09:18:15 AM »
What OS are you running? WinXP SP2 or SP3? 32-bit, right?

Chrome crashes the computer when I try to run it in the sandbox.
Do you mean bluescreen? Then corresponding minidump should be created in \Windows\Minidump folder, would you mind to send me that file on kurtin@avast.com? Or was it application crash? Then the path to minidump should be in the dialog which is shown after crash...

Thanks!
SP3, 32-bit. Yes, it's a system crash, not an application crash. The minidump folder is empty. I've uninstalled the program as I'm finding it unnerving.