Author Topic: Avast Internet Security 5.0 produces mistake on having verified disc "C"  (Read 2608 times)

vartar

When there is used avast Internet Security 5.0 (evaluation) and checking mistake of disc is executed in win XP using "chkdsk/f/x" in unit "C", on having restarted the mistakes of the disc happen again and again and one cannot initiate XP.

Also the mistake takes place (is produced) if there are used administration of discs and tools of checking mistake of the XP. I DO NOT KNOW IT CAN INITIATE XP. (bucle??)

Also the same mistake takes place (is produced) when Tuneup utilities is used 2010 and Disk doctor in "C".

olddog

Re: Avast Internet Security 5.0 produces mistake on having verified disc "C"
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 05:38:06 AM »
....Also the same mistake takes place (is produced) when Tuneup utilities is used 2010 and Disk doctor in "C".

So why do you think Avast 5.0 is responsible for it?

Why are you using the /x parameter with Chkdsk?.

If you run Chkdsk from a safe boot/boot to command line, what faults does it report, and what format is your disk, FAT32 or NTFS.

vartar

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 05:32:38 PM »
When removing the Internet Avast security 5.0 (version evaluation), already does not happen the problem.

It is alone with the Internet security 5, with the avast pro 5.0 the same thing does not happen.

Also it happens when you check the disc with tuneup 2010. Removing the avast already does not exist the problem.

Also the same thing happens with checking mistake of (intensive) disc of the XP.

"chkdsk / x" It(He,She) is in order that the disc dismounts and in the restart it(he,she) checks it, is for NTFS.

The format of my disc is NTFS.

If someone can check his your disc as I explain, Under his proper risk

I have tried in two PCs and the same thing happens.

vartar

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 05:47:48 PM »
The problem happens with the version of evaluation, Internet Security 5.0.418.0

olddog

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 11:21:57 PM »
If you run Chkdsk (without /f/x) from a safe boot/boot to command line, exactly what faults does it report?

What is your operating system?

Chkdsk or Chkdsk/F run from safe boot/boot to command line does not show any problems on 3 PC's tried here, all with Avast 5.0.488 free version