Author Topic: Great Detection!!!  (Read 11050 times)

Waldo

Re:Great Detection!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2004, 12:11:00 AM »
It is correct that all those virrusses are from the test-pack from neowin.

I don't believe he is actualy infected with them...he just unpacked the zip file, that's all.

nothing to worry about really, unless he manualy excecuted every virus (file) he unpacked  :o imagine that ! lol

Waldo

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2004, 12:13:20 AM »
Waldo, quite happy to see you back. You should be very usefull in specific and technical threads about virus...
Wellcome back  8)
The best things in life are free.

bilemke

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2004, 12:25:00 AM »
The Maxx

A good note about those that detected 600 approx. It is possible they detected more then one virus per file. Is it a possibility is that after detecting a virus, Avast does not continue to search a file for others?

Staind

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2004, 01:47:58 AM »
The Maxx

A good note about those that detected 600 approx. It is possible they detected more then one virus per file. Is it a possibility is that after detecting a virus, Avast does not continue to search a file for others?
I doubt it, because there are only 490 files or something and Avast picks up 580 (give or take) viruses.

I don't believe he is actualy infected with them...he just unpacked the zip file, that's all.
So he could just delete all the files and then run a full virus scan. Edit: But it does sound like he ran them since he said that his computer was having problems.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 01:48:37 AM by Staind »

Kobra

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2004, 04:12:02 AM »
I don't think that test is anything to get all "Hot" about.. Its hardly what i'd call accurate.  :D

Avast did fine, i've gotten verification from Kaspersky labs, that at least 6 of the files in that archive are dead viruses.  Which basically means they got altered to the point they are no longer a threat.  But some AV's are picking them up as a threat.

I believe the total actual real count of that archive is 593, with 6 of them being "Dead" viruses. Bringing the total down to 587...  Avast missed 7, thats reasonably good.  In fact, Avast might have missed less given the dead ones if they are in the mix.

Now, what someone needs to do, is take the ones Avast missed, subtract out the dead ones, archive them, and send them to Avast.  The dead ones specifically are:

balooch
config12
courier
dvir1701
rpart_c

Exclude those, send the rest to virus@avast.com, and go from there.. Help improve the product for everyone.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2004, 04:20:06 AM »
Now, that's the way to talk in here. This way we all can make progress. We can improve our beloved antivirus only if we work on finding solutions together...

No, it's not perfect, but it can be one of the best... top one if you want. We can help it happen...

No more flamming threads, we should and we can speak like normal human beings... right ?

Regards to everyone !
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 04:20:39 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2004, 04:43:14 AM »

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2004, 04:55:06 AM »
Now, that's the way to talk in here. This way we all can make progress. We can improve our beloved antivirus only if we work on finding solutions together...

No, it's not perfect, but it can be one of the best... top one if you want. We can help it happen...

No more flamming threads, we should and we can speak like normal human beings... right ?

Regards to everyone !

Yeah this is more like it, I love peace in the Avast forum.......Peace Man!
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

bilemke

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2004, 05:10:19 AM »
well.. must say love the new kobra avatar..

2nd, there are only 2 files in the archive then not mentioned as supposedly being dead..

1226b-dr.exe
run.exe

run.exe I have no clue what virus it is supposed to be. I will try to check it with another product if I can. I would be all to pleased to see all 8 unidentified actually detected and identified. I think a conclusion was made with all these posts (atleast I hope one was reached) and hope no one perceived it as flamming. It was all in the interest of bettering Avast. Over all I still like Avast more for its performance compared to others.

Kobra

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2004, 05:31:19 AM »
Both are hot, and should be submitted to Avast folks.  I guess I can do it if nobody else does.. Hehe  

1226b-dr.exe
MD5: f60deba4b109238ad3669e053cadcac1
Phoenix.Live.1226 (Kaspersky)
Phoenix.1266.dr (RAV)
Text Within: None

^ This one is a polymorphic, and highly dangerous.  Should be added immediately.

run.exe
MD5: c2b2633c472ab1fa9a02082b0afe955c
Trojan.Loader.TCS (Kaspersky)
Trojan:Loader.TCS<exact> (RAV)
Text Within:
Installation Configuration Author Tiger Shark Co-Author Snow Dragon Written Incoporated2Please enter the path of your EXE MAIN.EXE Please wait ..Done Now for the Configuration... Press Return to continue. Hello Welcome to The World of S.W.A.T. Well you must have really made someone mad 5See we are a group much like PHUCK but we are better 0We do what we do for nothing just the fun of it 0Well as you might already know none of the names we leave are real. We make lots of them up.4Well let me explain what has now happened to you HD.7See first you thought it was installing well wrong 7See this program you just ran F**KED UP youre whole 1Well that about all for now, just one last thing.'If we call back and your board is back,1We Will do this again but this time should do it S.W.A.T. Strikes Again Runtime error at

^ This one seems ancient, they mention "Board", which I assume they are referring to BBS's, and I think SWAT was an old hack group back in the 80's.  So likely, this is a DOS virus, relatively harmless to us Windows folk, but should be added anyway, i'm for full and complete definition files.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 05:36:51 AM by Kobra »