Author Topic: Web scanner issue?  (Read 3198 times)

Wex

Web scanner issue?
« on: March 08, 2010, 09:59:30 AM »
I just don't get it, i can't get that webshield working. It says it's running and everything but it is still not scanning anything. It did this to me with every beta builds too. I have try reinstalling, updating and everything. I'm not novice with computer and I really has done everything to get it work. Even fully uninstalled all other security softwares etc.

My OS is windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and even formatted few days ago but webscanner scans nothing :(

Tried with firefox and IE browsers... Hope somebody could help somehow.

Wex

Re: Web scanner issue?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 12:25:26 PM »
Really guys, no help? Take a look at kaspersky support forum, they are helping each others there and so on.. I'm sorry but I have to change antivirus software 'cos I'm not getting this sh*t working.

Sesame

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 12:35:14 PM »
Really guys, no help? Take a look at kaspersky support forum, they are helping each others there and so on.. I'm sorry but I have to change antivirus software 'cos I'm not getting this sh*t working.
If any of us knew the answer...  :(  I haven't heard of this issue.  It is odd that even if IE/Firefox is not scanned while WS seems to be working.  Although this is not a fundamental solution, but could you set IE or FF HTTP proxy to 127.0.0.1:12080?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 12:37:17 PM »
Do you use a proxy?
Which ports are you using to connect for http traffic (the default 80)?
Which is your avast version?
The best things in life are free.

Sesame

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 12:42:19 PM »
Which is your avast version?
I presumed it as Avast! 5 since Wex mentioned "every beta" build...but, of course, you may be asking for more precise version...