Author Topic: whoop Virus Detected...  (Read 2376 times)

jthomson3rd

whoop Virus Detected...
« on: February 24, 2010, 07:55:51 PM »
if I was just on Fearnet.com, just on the main page and AVAST opened up with its alarm 'whoop whoop a virus has been detected'' it gave me the option of Aborting.. so i did.. i saw the word 'worm'

i wonder if this alarm means i'm infected?

i'm running avast now thanks.

Gohoos81

Re: whoop Virus Detected...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 08:04:44 PM »
if I was just on Fearnet.com, just on the main page and AVAST opened up with its alarm 'whoop whoop a virus has been detected'' it gave me the option of Aborting.. so i did.. i saw the word 'worm'

Be worried about the warnings you don't hear, rather than the ones you do.  It seems avast caught it in time.  If your system is fully up to date, you should be fine (if this was a drive-by download).  If it was a FP, you are also fine.  Just to be sure, it's probably best to run a quick system scan with avast! and maybe secunia personal software inspector to check your system for vulnerabilities (and patch them, since pdf/flash/IE vulnerabilities account for >90% of frequently used exploits on your system):

http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: whoop Virus Detected...
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 09:01:42 PM »

The idea of the web shield alert and to only option to abort the connection is to block it from being saved to your system.

There shouldn't be anything there from this alert, but it never hurts to confirm.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security