Author Topic: Action Center on Windows 7 Reports avast! Antivirus 5 Free is out of date  (Read 5063 times)

danthecomputerman

I just installed avast! Antivirus 5 Free onto my computer, which is running Windows 7.  After it does the very first update, the Action Center immediately tells me that it is out of date.  When I click on the "Update Now" button, it does nothing.  The message does not disappear from the Action Center. >:(  What is going on here?  ???  Could someone give me help as soon as they can?  That would be really appreciated!  ;D

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Action Center on Windows 7 Reports avast! Antivirus 5 Free is out of date
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 11:50:54 PM »
Did you restart after install?

Is your computer time / day / date / year correct? if not adjust and restart

Have you tried avast repair and restart?
For a repair of avast. Windows, Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button from the pop-up window, scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 11:51:58 PM »
It could be something as simple as the System time is set wrong.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

danthecomputerman

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 11:55:20 PM »
Alright, everything is OK now.  Yes, I did restart after installation, but all I did then after that was uninstall the email scanner.  Then, everything was normal.  Also, I did have my date, time, and year set correctly.