Author Topic: Unablet o open attachement: error  (Read 2872 times)

Grex

Unablet o open attachement: error
« on: February 23, 2010, 01:40:03 PM »
I am running avast 5 on Windows 7 with Outlook 2007.  (Personally I think it is working great, except)  I currently have picture in my signature that is a link to a website.  Every time I send an email with this signature I get the following message from avast:

Avast!: Unable to open message attachment.
Error Code is 80030003.

Any ideas on how i can fix this. or is this because it cannot follow the link to the picture to scan it.  Any way to suppress the message.

Thanks

gordon451

Re: Unablet o open attachement: error
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 02:19:33 PM »
G'day Grex -  Last time I looked at Outlook in any disguise it used an Access database to store all messages and attachments.  This effectively encrypted them, so standard file inspection was neutralised.  And thus was born the email version of the virus killer, which inspects the email as it streams in, before Outlook gets it.

I have no reason to believe Outlook 7 is any different.

Activate your email shield, and be prepared to watch your whole email download screech to a halt when a hostile is detected.

Alternatively, migrate to say, Eudora, which stores -- or used to -- all messages in a monolithic text file, and all attachments in a Windows folder of your choice.  Then disable your Email Shield, and let your File System Shield do its job.

Oh yes.  Please install the latest outstanding Service Pack for your OS.  Please?  Just for me?  :D

Gordon.

sedina

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 10:19:05 PM »
Grex, we discovered a problem in Outlook plugin causing error message you described. Please wait for next program update for a fix. Thanks.

Grex

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 05:12:14 PM »
Thanks.