Author Topic: Restoring persistent state + mail application starts at Avast launch  (Read 6992 times)

pireddag

I have two questions regarding avast for Mac running on my Macbook Pro early 2008 model (Avast Version 2.74R0 (ServiceKit 1.41); Snow Leopard 10.6.2). First: I unchecked the option "Launch at startup as a persistent application" and now I cannot re-instate it. To be more precise, the check mark appears next to the option if I start Avast manually, but then Avast is not launched at startup. Any hints?
Second: is it possible to stop the Mail application being launched together with Avast, AND keep Mail support as well?

Thanks in advance for any answer,

Giovanni

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
Re: Restoring persistent state + mail application starts at Avast launch
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 04:30:28 PM »
I have two questions regarding avast for Mac running on my Macbook Pro early 2008 model (Avast Version 2.74R0 (ServiceKit 1.41); Snow Leopard 10.6.2). First: I unchecked the option "Launch at startup as a persistent application" and now I cannot re-instate it. To be more precise, the check mark appears next to the option if I start Avast manually, but then Avast is not launched at startup. Any hints?
Second: is it possible to stop the Mail application being launched together with Avast, AND keep Mail support as well?

Thanks in advance for any answer,

Giovanni

Hallo,
please, stop the app and agent, move its directory from /Applications to trashcan, and install out latest beta (sticky post in this forum). All those effect should be solved by it, and if not, please, let us immediately know.

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)

pireddag

Re: Restoring persistent state + mail application starts at Avast launch
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 10:32:38 PM »
Thanks for the answer, installing the beta solved both problems.

Giovanni