Author Topic: XP pirated softwere  (Read 4414 times)

anjandavid

XP pirated softwere
« on: February 27, 2010, 03:49:52 PM »

Hello,

I have read (actually seen)people using pirated copies of Windows XP software. Pirated in the sense that they borrow a copy from someone else and install it on their machine. I don't understand how this is possible gets Windows XP activation process. I thought the same KEY could not be activated on two differnet machines.

Can someone please explain to me why the same KEY is allowed to be activated on two different machines? Is the activation process simply a TRICKS by Microsoft?

Thanking you...

English is bad...sorry

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: XP pirated softwere
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 04:44:33 PM »
Why ppl always apologize for their English. Use spell checker for words (inside browser) and have some faith in yourself that you know it enough. ;D

It all depends on the license. Corporate versions are usually not limited until you reach the global limit that was designated for that key. Home versions are limited to 1 PC. Once it's activated, the one who will try to install it on some other machine will get the message that it has already been activated (OEM versions).
Technically you could call MS by phone and re-activate it. Home professional versions are usually not limited this way. That's why it's simply good to store your key in a safe place so not everyone can take it and use it.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 09:17:38 PM »
I am amazed at the people on this forum who are scattered all over the world and possess a mastery of English.

My hat is off to you.

Heck, I'm an American and we haven't spoken it for years. ;)
printed on 100% recycled bytes

bong2x

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 09:57:31 PM »
 ;) not piracy. copyright ;D but seems you have the key you must keep it for your self only :D

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 04:47:12 AM »
If you try and activate the same key within a  certain period (120 days?) you have to call microsoft to activate. However they do eventually blacklist the key if you try to activate it too many times.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 06:32:14 AM »
In my area, there is abundant of Win XP illegal copies, they just do fine when use to works. I don't know, but I see most of them doesn't need (necessarily) to insert an activation key. You just put a CD or DVD, click next and the installation just finish like normal programmes.

They are pirated copies of Windows XP, Vista or Win 7 seems the same.
Avast Security Premium - Windows 10, Android, iPadOS. | Avast One Free - Windows 11

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 02:56:22 PM »
Wow seem that they are already modified before the installation :)
It makes the task of people become easier ^_^

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 12:00:15 PM »
Yes, and it sold for about US$ 5.00 per DVD (plus you got a lot of full version softwares pirated on it, like Ms Office 2007, TuneUp, AdobePhotoshop, Coreldraw, Winrar, and many more) or rent for about 50 cents per DVD..., seriously that prirated copies able to cheat the WGA and use it as good as a normal one.

What a pain...
Avast Security Premium - Windows 10, Android, iPadOS. | Avast One Free - Windows 11

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 03:03:54 PM »
Godness!!!! O.O""
Only 5.00 dollar???
Whoa >_>
Jealous here nothing is being sold like this unless linux cd!!!