Author Topic: Avast can not get update some Computer  (Read 2122 times)

mehdiakram

Avast can not get update some Computer
« on: February 28, 2010, 09:58:26 AM »
avast 5 can not update some computer. Also avast.com can not open that computers. Can not run VPS.
What can I do now?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast can not get update some Computer
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 10:57:02 AM »
What antivirus did you have before installing avast ?
Have you removed it ?
Using ad/remove program, and reboot ?
Have you run the uninstall tool for that program and reboot ? http://uninstallers.blogspot.com/

Have you tried avast repair ?

For a repair of avast. Windows, Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button from the pop-up window, scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

mehdiakram

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 12:54:18 PM »
Previously I was using avast 4.8
Then I have remove that and install avast 5

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 05:46:31 PM »
avast 5 can not update some computer. Also avast.com can not open that computers. Can not run VPS.
What can I do now?

If you can't update and can't connect to avast.com it might be malware blocking, check out this:
- HOSTS file redirect a common malware tactic to block AV sites making it difficult to remove malware - 127.0.0.1 check your HOSTS file using notepad or a text editor of your choice, C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts or do a search for HOSTS to find it if not there.

Once open you are looking for entries with avast.com on the line, you may well see other AV sites, post the contents of the hosts file. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security