Author Topic: avasta internet security  (Read 4397 times)

jeyman

avasta internet security
« on: April 12, 2010, 05:41:58 PM »
So I installed this on 3 computers. The first two went great, I set it up and it runs just fine. Bother are windows 7 (x64). The third however is a little messed up. I open it and it shows no scans that I can run; and I cant update it too.  The live shields seem to be working fine and all tho.

the last one that I am having a problem with runs windows 7 ult(32x)

What Is scaring me is that I used up all 3 of my license's so if I un-install it is there a way to not lose that last one? or fix it. So any help would be great.

Hermite15

Re: avasta internet security
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 06:12:56 PM »
I don't think you would lose your third license but that's not the problem. If Avast cannot run on this 32 bit system, best thing to do first is to uninstall, reboot, and install again ;) post back to give the results.

ps: for the others (old posters) reading this thread, I won't advise anymore to use the uninstall utility as it does clean less than the normal uninstaller (at least concerning files, didn't check about the registry).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 06:14:29 PM by Logos »

jeyman

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 06:28:13 PM »
worked like a charm ^^ thanks a lot. Really just wanted to know I could still have it registered.

Hermite15

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 06:40:37 PM »
glad it worked ;)

... Really just wanted to know I could still have it registered.

thought you meant if you installed it on a fourth system, after giving up on the third one. So there no doubt you won't lose anything :D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 06:46:53 PM by Logos »

PapaSmurf

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 06:47:29 PM »
ps: for the others (old posters) reading this thread, I won't advise anymore to use the uninstall utility as it does clean less than the normal uninstaller (at least concerning files, didn't check about the registry).

Do you have an opinion on Revo Uninstaller?
I have had great success with this program, as it also cleans out left-over tracks in the registry.

Hermite15

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 06:58:58 PM »

I have had great success with this program, as it also cleans out left-over tracks in the registry.

no I don't, I do not use third party uninstallers.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 07:50:00 PM »
It's a good one.
But far from being radical. Even the Advanced mode does not remove a lot of things (drivers, registry keys, etc.) left behind by ban uninstallations. But, for sure, a little bit (an sometimes a lot of) better than only the Windows uninstaller procedure.

I do not recommend it if the software requires booting to be uninstalled.
avast is not a program to be uninstalled by Revo, for instance.
The best things in life are free.