Author Topic: Avast 5.0.418 turning off all protection every few minutes  (Read 11400 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast 5.0.418 turning off all protection every few minutes
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 12:10:19 AM »
The red cross in the 4.8 icon is sign that the antivirus is disabled.
Some other application is preventing the correct install of avast.
But if you follow the steps again (uninstalling the other antivirus first), post back the error occurred in step 5.
The best things in life are free.

tintti

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 12:36:59 AM »
The red cross in the 4.8 icon is sign that the antivirus is disabled.
Some other application is preventing the correct install of avast.
But if you follow the steps again (uninstalling the other antivirus first), post back the error occurred in step 5.

Well, as i said i had installed the newest version of avast earlier today (5.0 something), it was not 4.8 anymore.

And yes, i completely understood that the red cross is the sign that something is wrong. But why oh why is the avast sign also red? A RED cross on a RED avast sign. Very difficult to notice in a glance that something is wrong, unless you watch it all the time. That surely is not what a customer wants.

Some other application is disturbing the installing process yes, but which one, that is the question. Now that i have a working virus scanner I'm not going to test this problem any more, sorry.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 03:24:04 AM »
i completely understood that the red cross is the sign that something is wrong. But why oh why is the avast sign also red? A RED cross on a RED avast sign. Very difficult to notice in a glance that something is wrong, unless you watch it all the time. That surely is not what a customer wants.
The brand must be kept. avast is now an orange ball. That is what is behind their mind to not change the icon color.
The best things in life are free.